Just wanted to shed some tears with my fellow busa riders.

houstonbussa

Registered
Hey all. How's it going? Well me, it's going great.. Kind of.. Let me explain. Last year I bought my first sports bike ever. Mona. My, at the time, girlfriend couldn't figure out why I was desperate to get back on a motorcycle. I found a rider to give her a ride. After that short ride, she came back and said I was getting a bike. Well I narrowed down to two dfferent bikes. A GSXR1000 and the Hayabusa. With cash in hand we went to test drive the Hayabusa. I hopped on her like I was hopping on a 1000. The back tire started dancing on me. Well quickly I gained respect for her. I told her I got the message. As I pulled back up to the seller's door there was some kid and his mom were waiting to look at the bike.. I informed them that they were 5 mins too late because this one was sold.

Now if some of you remember some of my earlier post, I was a scared lil' **** (insure unmasculane name here):laugh:. But ever day she grew on me. This was about the time the my g-f named her Mona, because of what she would do on her... (Moan-a).. Why do I tell you... I'm building all the memories on her. Well in this time I was learning sports bikes and more so learning how to ride mona (I grew up on cruiser style bikes), I hadn't had my M license endorcement. So I had to take MSF course again. Well I convienced my g-f to take the course with me. Well she loved it (after I had to go through a week of stress of her stressing out). She loved it so much that a shortly after we got her bike (Marauder 800).

We as a couple did a lot of first on Mona. She has been a part of a lot of memories. OK!!! So why am I rambling on...

So to the point. Recently I asked for my g-f's hand in marrage. (A first for me) (Thanks in advance for the congrats)... And Mona, in her spirit of this relationship, is part of all the firsts. But not in the way I will hope for. Originally we were going to give it a year (as she's Catholic and for us to have a Catholic wedding I was going to have to do a year worth of classes...Not to convert, but none the less.)... Well she decided not to. So we kept the same date, just dropped the year (March time frame now is set for March 10). Well how Mona fits in. I'm thinking about selling her (Mona.. not the fiance). Weddings are expesive. When I first told my fiance, she kind of flipped out on me. I didn't know she'd flip like that... I don't really want to sell her as I did a lot just to get her in the condition she's in now (which is drivable and safe to do so) and she's kind of part of me and makes me happy, but this lady makes me happier. Mona is just a portion of that happiness.

I plan on next year this time getting another bike and most likely a busa. I just love them now. So all of this babbling just so I could get it out of my system, so I can except it myself and make the commitment. And just wanted to ramble on. (I've worked hard to cut this short). Thanks for taking the time to read so I could just get it out there. I was looking at her tonight in my living room (Mona) and was overcome with sadness. But know it's for the best. My fiance got sad as well. So I guess tomorrow before I go to work, I'm going to start taking pictures of her and place her first on the local motorcycle site and here soon. (Gotta get a battery)

Thanks for listening.

Small wedding with immediate family only on the beach are very underated......

beach wedding - Google Search

My idea of a perfect wedding and no need to sell your possessions , mortgage your house or sell a kidney :laugh: whatever works for ya though:thumbsup:

The right woman at your side is priceless and bikes are a dime a dozen. Best of luck to you both!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The right woman at your side is priceless and bikes are a dime a dozen. Best of luck to you both!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

that is no lie. Sounds like she loves bikes just as much as you. If you have both talked about it and are comfortable with it, then do what you need to do. Thank you for sharing and congratulations. :laugh:

Small wedding with immediate family only on the beach are very underated......

beach wedding - Google Search

My idea of a perfect wedding and no need to sell your possessions , mortgage your house or sell a kidney :laugh: whatever works for ya though:thumbsup:

Totally agree with this. My wife and I had a beach wedding, it was like 300 dollars! Same result, because we a married! Sounds like if you both love the bike so much, you will regret sacraficing her for only a few minutes of your life.......

Thanks everyone.. As far as low budget, we are keeping things small but traditional. We have a lot going on and the wedding is just one of them, but selling Mona will make that 'dream' come true. I'm pretty set on it. She's calmed down enough about it. If wasn't for Kim I wouldn't have got Mona in the first place so I doubt she'll let me suffer too long w/o one again.. She's already pre planned my 'come back'. haha. Although realistically it may be 2013 before I can seriously look at getting another one so I guess i can spend 2012 fixing up the car.

My experience is that I have loved every bike I owned like it was my only child. Bottom line is a bike is replaceable, no matter how much you think it's your only true love.

Good women are much harder to find than good Busas!

welling up here :boohoo:

i love getting a new bike as its all the fun sorting it to suit your riding taste :thumbsup:. hope you love that one too:thumbsup:

shame changing the misses ain't so cheap:laugh:

congrats on the engagement and hopefully everything stays as good as it is now :beerchug: sorry to hear that you have to sell one dream to make another one happen!

:please: hope your not writing your vowels. good luck with everthing and congrats.

I hope he's not writing his vowels (vows?) either :rofl:

I was sure where this was going - another "my new wife wants me to get rid of my busa" - thread. Lucky for you she wants you to KEEP IT. But your priorities are straight and that will help you in your future.

My wife is Catholic too. I recommend you go talk to her priest, he may agree to Marry you with a few counseling sessions instead of a whole year.

Sounds like a trackday would make a great wedding gift!!

Best of luck with everything. My 2 cents: you now have a good excuse to get a Gen II later :)
P.S. I swore I would never sell my 1st Busa (an 01). I am now on my 2nd Gen II

imo .... marriages are expensive and the actual ceremony is the cheapest part of it!!! so keep the bike...pick a date that affords you the ceremony and then deal with whatever comes next. reason i say is the bike and the wife seem to all be part of you and her...and your memory's...never sell what makes you happy. whatever money you may temporarily get by selling her doesn't change the "situation" only delays it...change the "need" keep what keeps you happy by sacrificing other things that you really don't "need" as much.

Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you can't afford a bike are you sure you can afford a wife? :dunno:

Back