Just wanna thank you guys!

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Had a follow up with the orthopedic doctor today. Took my cast off and didnt put one back on :thumbsup:. Said i dont need it. He gave me a robo boot thing that i can take off and do whatever with the foot when i want. He almost said he was gonna let me start walking within pain tolerance but he rethought it since its only been 3 weeks and didnt want to push it. So 3 more weeks before i start walking which is still pretty quick. Once i start walking well and can put on a good boot on i can start riding again :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Im doing my own physical therapy stretching moving my foot around. Its hard but im finally comfortable with moving it around without assistance. Its very unnerving when you have a bad trauma to it then the cast is removed. So hard to be comfortable moving it. So far my own therapy is good, i want to have full foot movement by time i can walk. Lower leg and foot is still pretty swollen but looking alot better. Now with being able to move it alot will subside it. Im going to be so sore tomorrow from all this but itl be good for me.

So thank you all for the prayers and everything :thumbsup: As always they are doing the trick!

Wow thats quick (3 weeks) for the break you had! Congrats. and good luck with the therapy. And whatever you do, don't mess up the doctors good work! :thumbsup:

Yep the leg and my mobility the ortho doc said was really good. There is a misplaced chunk of bone in the area of the break which will keep me from running for months to come but thats ok cause i hate running :laugh: i could use a 4-5 months break :thumbsup:

but no medical separation. good deal. i got similar news today about my brain.

Keep it up, but dont overdue it:rulez:

I talk the talk, but if that were my leg, Id still be crying:whistle:

Just take it easy for the next few weeks, you dont want to re injure it!

I have 4 more weeks till I get my soft cast off. I can't wait.

great news! like others have said, let it finish healing before pushing it too hard :beerchug:

I would say if you feel comfortable about trying to walk on it by all means try slowly by putting a little weight on it with crutches and seeing how it feels. I had my back broken and a leg severly broken, and i was up and fully functional way before the doctors and physical therapists said i should be. Everyone's body is different and the doctors and everyone are just giving you a generic time schedule. I would say give you the advice that once you feel 100% i would work on getting that leg back up to strength, its scary how quickly the muscle mass goes away when ya don't use it.

Back