Just thought I would share some pics from Egypt

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Well, last week my wife and I were able to cross an item off of our bucket list - seeing the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt. We had an opportunity to sort of "jump" on over there and in short, it was an absolutely amazing experience! So, here are the pics:
1. We stated at the Marriott Mena House at Giza. This was the view from our hotel room.
IMG_0544.JPG

2. This is my wife and I on the side of the Great Pyramid. We were about six block layers up.
IMG_0530.JPG

3. A picture from the ground (telephoto lens) our tour guide took... I like it because it shows the scale of the Pyramid.
IMG_0537.JPG

4. My wife and I riding camels and a good photo op...
IMG_E0510.JPG

5. The Sphynx and Khafre's pyramid
IMG_0496.JPG

6. The Sphynx
IMG_0340.JPG

7. Inside the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
IMG_0403.JPG

8. King Tut's mask
IMG_0381.JPG

9. The Alabaster Mosque
IMG_0450.JPG

There were more pictures, but you get the idea. It was a fantastic trip, but I didn't realize how few people actually get to go and make the trip. So, here is a little window into our adventures. Enjoy!

Excellent pictures .

There is so much to be said for traveling the world , how very fortunate for you .

Well, last week my wife and I were able to cross an item off of our bucket list - seeing the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt. We had an opportunity to sort of "jump" on over there and in short, it was an absolutely amazing experience! So, here are the pics:
1. We stated at the Marriott Mena House at Giza. This was the view from our hotel room.
View attachment 1582690
2. This is my wife and I on the side of the Great Pyramid. We were about six block layers up.
View attachment 1582691
3. A picture from the ground (telephoto lens) our tour guide took... I like it because it shows the scale of the Pyramid.
View attachment 1582692
4. My wife and I riding camels and a good photo op...
View attachment 1582693
5. The Sphynx and Khafre's pyramid
View attachment 1582694
6. The Sphynx
View attachment 1582695
7. Inside the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
View attachment 1582696
8. King Tut's mask
View attachment 1582697
9. The Alabaster Mosque
View attachment 1582698

There were more pictures, but you get the idea. It was a fantastic trip, but I didn't realize how few people actually get to go and make the trip. So, here is a little window into our adventures. Enjoy!

Ya know what I really like about these pics the most Shawn? For years you traveled the world as you served in the military but now your getting to choose where you go and who goes with you.

Ya know what I really like about these pics the most Shawn? For years you traveled the world as you served in the military but now your getting to choose where you go and who goes with you.
Very true... and the comfort of travel is much higher also!

Looks like you guys had a good time! Always nice to expirience other cultures.

One of the places I’d love to see!:thumbsup: Imagine what those pyramids must’ve looked like in their heyday, all finished and smooth, and the Sphinx just finished without a broken nose.:D Congrats!

And to think those Pyramids were built by aliens . . . . wow.
And, I am told, even today, mankind is incapable of reproducing the technology required to build these babies to the same scale.
When they were built, the surrounding area was NOT a desert as it is today.
I imagine it was a lush tropical environment, prior to the cataclysm that made it what it is today.
I'll stop raving on, it's all been said and I don't want to hijack this thread lol.

Very cool, Juli and I want to visit one of these days. Thank you for sharing.

One of the places I’d love to see!:thumbsup: Imagine what those pyramids must’ve looked like in their heyday, all finished and smooth, and the Sphinx just finished without a broken nose.:D Congrats!

Suppposedly completely covered in white limestone, and possibly gold covered cap stone.
Amazing achievement, regardless how they were really built.
I would love to see them in person too.

And to think those Pyramids
were built by aliens . . . .

Wow .

And,
I am told,
even today,
mankind is incapable
of reproducing the technology
required to build these babies to the same scale .

When they were built,
the surrounding area was
NOT a desert as it is today .

I imagine it was a lush tropical environment,
prior to the cataclysm that made it what it is today .

I'll stop raving on,
it has all been said
and I don't want to
hijack this thread .

Laugh out loud .

Every time so called experts can’t explain something it has a be aliens. Old craftsman can do a lot with very little. But it is true that robots from outer space are stealing my luggage off the plane.

Every time so called experts can’t explain something it has a be aliens. Old craftsman can do a lot with very little. But it is true that robots from outer space are stealing my luggage off the plane.
Wont be long before robots are unloading the luggage off planes. A.I. (we're told it stands for Artificial Intelligence, it's actually Alien Intervention) :banghead:

Back