Just the perfect weight!

Yep, had to eliminate the whole tail! Used the side reflector brackets and misc hardware. Have it tilted forward right now, but will most likely fold it aft to streamline. Not sure yet.
Also installed a Back Off brake light modulator...as. I do on all of my bikes.
Lastly, pulled the fairings (holy chit what a pain!) and changed the oil. Really not impressed with how the oil falls from the filter onto the exhaust. Even cleaned it up with alcohol, but still got a funky oil burning smell when started up.
Ordered tank sliders and a stebel air horn. Where are people mounting large horns on the second gens? Gonna use the headlight area for hids soon, and the tail for an alarm. Need to pay more attention next oil change when the panels are off again!
Troy

image.jpg

Welcome, love that yellow bike, if they had any up here when I was shopping for my Busa, I would have been very torn between that and my Red/White '14. Anyway, I installed a screaming banshee horn/headlight modulator on mine, it's loud as crap (scares me when I hit the horn!) and installed it below the headlight. Had to trim the plastic a bit to fit it, then used black electricians tape to add a little extra security/blend color (you can't really even see that the plastics are cut from below when looking at it now). Tied into the headlight hi-beam (there's a headlight modulator that flashes the headlights when the Banshee goes off) and mounted the pump in the hump. I've cleaned up the install a bit since I took the pics whilst I installed other farckles, but didn't take pictures of those.

20140624_150019.jpg

20140624_150031.jpg

20140624_150048.jpg

That helps. Ty for those pics. I may try to put it near the oem location. I run them with the oem horn....just in case it fails, or I blow a relay. Was thinking of installing it with the hid ballast in the headlight nacelle. Will look at it closer at the 600 mile checkup.
Troy
Thanks for the compliments. I really love the yeller!

Back