Just the perfect weight!

Getn off

Registered
Hey guys...and gals!
Been lurking for a while and decided to join. Been trying to decide what my next bike will be. For a couple months, it has been neck and neck between the Busa and the S1000RR. Absolutely love both bikes! Yes, they are completely different riding machines, but I was completely torn for a long time.
Settled on the Busa. And as luck would have it, Suzi comes out with 0% for 60 months a few days ago, so I went and got prequallified. I am heading over to pick her up tomorrow and can't wait. Just like a little kid on Christmas Eve!!!
Trading in my 2006 Honda VFR Interceptor for a new 2013 yellow limited edition. I know it is a heavy beast, even compared to my VFR, but my other baby is a 2012 M109R LE... Which is another 150#s heavier than the Busa!
I don't track, and probably never will. I ride pretty conservatively. In fact, my 800 VFR has enough spunk for me the way I ride her!
Just wanted to say hello. I will post up after the signing of course.
Hope to find some good relationships here.
Troy

image.jpg

Welcome, Troy!:welcome:

I too went from a VFR800 (99) to a '14 Hayabusa (via a DR650 that I still have and ride) and I miss my VFR like crazy. Nothing like the sound of those gear driven cams in a V4 from the 98-00 models, wow. But, when my viffer was new, I rode my buddies 2001 Hayabusa, and that day, I knew I would eventually own one. For as nice as the VFR is, it simple cannot compare to the silky smoothness of the Hayabusa. The torque is so ridiculous I have a huge sh!t-eating grin on my face every time I ride it, the suspension and drivetrain are so well sorted out, the long wheelbase and high weight I don't even feel. It's like riding astride a missile down the road. I love it. I still keep an eye on Craigslist for a low-mileage 98-00 VFR though, and if I find one... I'll have 4 bikes in the garage and I'll have to try to explain why I need 4 to my awesome wife. But then after reading Pashnit's review of his Ninja 250, I want one of those just for fun or maybe for track days, and I've got an eye out for an '03 Valkyrie too (if I ever buy a cruiser it will be that one)... so many nice bikes.

Get the Hayabusa for sure (I also got 0% APR financing - but do NOT pay MSRP!). Are you sure you want to get rid of the VFR though? :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the board, there are quite a few members scattered around FL :beerchug:

Yea, Birry, gonna miss the VFR. But. DAMNNNNNN! This thing is a freakin beast! Absolutely love it so far.
Sure runs hot though. Bounces from half to 1/8"below half mark on water temp while cruising. Dealer says its normal. Whew.
Troy
Here it is!

image.jpg

Thanks for the hospitality!
Went for a nice cruise to a local bike show today. Was planning on taking the Busa, but at the last minute the wife decided to go. So, ended up riding the 9. There are worse things, but I was really hoping to add some much needed milage to the new girl!
Troy

Just a quick update. Very minor, but they are mods!!! Lol
Removed the ugly warning stickers, added a tank protector, added yellow reflective tape to the wheels, and cut the very bottom of the fender off. Was going to completely remove it, but not sure as of yet....this will suffice for a bit.
Still giddy!
Troy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

well, u picked the best look color suzuki has eve made imo. that is a kick ass lookn bike. I too like the BMW but their two different bikes and after 30 minutes of riding the BMW ud hav wished u bought the Busa.... the yellow wheel stripe is a nice look

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

You need to take the wife for a ride. I've had three ladies on the back of the Busa and they all loved it.

So far so good. The rest of that finder needs to find its way gone.

Yea, it prolly will find its way into the trash soon. Still deciding.

well, u picked the best look color suzuki has eve made imo. that is a kick ass lookn bike. I too like the BMW but their two different bikes and after 30 minutes of riding the BMW ud hav wished u bought the Busa.... the yellow wheel stripe is a nice look

Thx! Love the yeller, and the wheels now look great. Tough decision between the two bikes for many months. U r absolutely correct about the 30 min issue!!!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

You need to take the wife for a ride. I've had three ladies on the back of the Busa and they all loved it.

Wife never even got on my VFR! She actually did say tonight that she might try to sit on it and see how bad it is!! Btw, that is her in the pic above. Would be the best mod for the bike! Hahahaha!!!!!
Troy

I have to agree brother. She will love it. It's not a sport bike , it's a sport touring bike. Just remember she's back there.

True Robert!

Btw, been looking at seats...lots of searchin and readin here. I have a Suzi gel on my 9 and love it. Whats a good one for the Busa? Gel, Corbin, Saddleman? Want one that still allows some leaning, and good for 2-3 hour tours, as that is the most I usually do at a time.
Appreciate any advise.
Troy

welcome to the org!!! Get that gorgeous woman on that busa with you! She will love it. Have her brace her hands in front of you on the tank for stopping reasons to keep her weight...or lack there of...off you and she will have a blast!!!

Back