Just sold my first bike....goodbye old friend

denon970

Registered
I live on a main street in town, and have a history of selling vehicles VERY quickly...once when one wasn't even actually for sale! The Katana was out there for 2 hours before it was sold. I got $3100 for it.

It's a 2000 Katana 750, and was my 1st bike. I purchased it in 2004 with only 600 miles, and learned to ride in the dealerships parkinglot. 19,000 miles later, it was still in mint condition. But it had just sat in the garage for the past few years. Sad to see it go, I hope the new owners enjoy it as much as I did.

For the record, I NEVER had even an ounce of trouble with the Katana, started up and ran perfectly every time, all the time. But it seems like almost every month something on the Busa needs attention (wheel bearings, fuel filters, fuel lines, broken cam chain tensioners...). I guess it's just too high strung.

Hayabusa 009.jpg

Hayabusa 010.jpg

katana 004.jpg

katana 006.jpg

katana 008.jpg

katana 011.jpg

katana 001.jpg

katana 013.jpg

I love the Katana looks. I never had one, but was looking for one and got the Bandit instead, 12 yrs later, and very happy with it's performance, I sold it last month, with 40,000 on the dial. Workhorse of a motor and no Problems, EVER, and I rode her hard on city streets, daily.

The gun and money shot - Proof of a Steal Of a Deal.:laugh:

I know that was hard to give up, Huh?

Ride on, and ride safe bro
Bubba

i sold my first 3 bikes to the insurance... never really got a joy of owning, 2 stolen 1 total...

For the record, I NEVER had even an ounce of trouble with the Katana, started up and ran perfectly every time, all the time. But it seems like almost every month something on the Busa needs attention (wheel bearings, fuel filters, fuel lines, broken cam chain tensioners...). I guess it's just too high strung.

Just a testament to how you ride the busa vs how you rode the Katana :whistle:

I sold my 500r about a month ago, was kind of sad to see it go but i needed to get rid of it before I converted it to a track bike and ruined it's value.

That Busa really does need to much work, Ill swing out this weekend and take it off your hands. Say $500?

:laugh:

That Busa really does need to much work, Ill swing out this weekend and take it off your hands. Say $500?

:laugh:

on 1 or 2 occasions, I've been so frustrated that I wanted to sell it, but then quickly come back to reality and realize what a mistake that would be.

Denon,

As if you didn't know this, you have a distinct power difference in those two bikes. The busa is obviously going to be harder on all components.

I had a Katana 600 and although I never had any trouble out of it, I could never ride it for more than a couple of hours. That thing would numb your hands there was so much vibration through the bars.

Back