Just sittin here thinkin.

shadetree57

Registered
If the speedometer is off on these bikes then don't it stand to reason that the odometer is goin to rack up more miles than you've actually been. IF tat's the case, Fuel mileage aint as good as everyone thinks, We don't actually have as many miles on our bikes as they are showing AND We're not riding as far as we say we do. HaHa all you long distant riders.:laugh: JUST FUNNIN, Don't anyone get all bent out of shape.:cheerleader: I like the cheerleader.

Dont forget to factor in wheel spin and gear mods....:laugh:

Will say it again.... when buying a busa... fuel milage was not even on my mind:cheerleader:

Yep, I had a SRAD a few years back and actually showed better MPG on a two up sprocket than on a stocker...you know why~!~

Same thing with a cage. I put 33 inches on the shoes and lost 100 miles per tank per the odometer. Went from 307 gears to 410 gears and gained 80 miles of it back, per the odemeter. Then stuck 35's on it and guess what happened~!~ LoL

Once you start playing around, you might as well go with a GPS unit...

I was thinking about that too then I did a test with the Busa ODO and the GPS ODO and they were DEAD ON. Ill try it out again today just to be 100% sure.

my rear wheel has about 25,567 miles on it
my front wheel has about 20k on it:whistle:

probably 1k of those miles the back one was spinning in place:laugh:

say what ya want about fuel mileage my friend fill up 3 times to my 2 and i have only 3/4 gal more tank and if you think about it, you have to sit and let the pump dribble for 20 minutes to get it all the way full i

f you just shut it off when it releases on its own you only have 4 gal in there not 5. whatever

my rear wheel has about 25,567 miles on it
my front wheel has about 20k on it:whistle:

probably 1k of those miles the back one was spinning in place:laugh:

say what ya want about fuel mileage my friend fill up 3 times to my 2 and i have only 3/4 gal more tank and if you think about it, you have to sit and let the pump dribble for 20 minutes to get it all the way full i

f you just shut it off when it releases on its own you only have 4 gal in there not 5. whatever

Arrrgg! I hate the dribble the gas thing...but on longer trips you just dont get vary far letting it shut off on it's own. I'm kind of liking the way the air comes fizzing out as you get that last little bit of gas in there! I amuse easily.:cheerleader:

Oh my gosh..........I sure hope Scar doesn't see this thread! I mean, all his oinking of having over 50,000 miles and all on his GenII, where as in reality he's lucky to have half that!!:laugh:

Oh my gosh..........I sure hope Scar doesn't see this thread! I mean, all his oinking of having over 50,000 miles and all on his GenII, where as in reality he's lucky to have half that!!:laugh:
Actually, I thought about Scar but I don't think there's enough variation in the speedometer to throw the miles off a lot. Got Ya thinkin though didn't we Scar.:laugh:

Last edited:
next time your on a highway reset your trip meter while your sitting next to a mile marker, then watch it click as you drive down the road and see how close to the next 3 or 4 or 5 mile markers you are...i think youll be surprised how accurate it is...or not...mine is right on even with my sprocket changed to 17/43

I'm not too sure what all the hoopla is about Busa speedometers being off as pretty much every vehicles speedometer is inaccurate and assuming that it was accurate from the factory as soon as you change your brand/model or size of tires then it is going to be off. I just read a story in one of my motomags about a guy doing a top speed run on an FZ1 and his speedo was showing around 165 when he was actually doing 150. I know it is more important to some of us as so much of our bikes rep is based on being the fastest but we don't need to lose any sleep over this IMHO.

I think the only vehicle speedos that can be pretty accurate are cycle computers for your bicycle as you can adjust them down to the centimeter in relation to the outer tire circumference and make changes as you need to depending on wear to your tire.

Last edited:
a few words! Buy a speedo healer and use a gps to correct it! Done deal and with in 1 mph off!:whistle:

Back