Just saying hi (and a question)

GreyJamaX

Registered
hello. ive been riding since march 2002 my wife and i bought a new 600r and ive logged in 5000 miles on it so far. i feel incredibly comfortable on it and am thinking of getting a hayabusa next summer when i move to san antonio and giving my wife sole custody of the 600r. now from what ive gathered peruzing this site the past 2 days is that all of you guys (and gals) on Busas are extremley experienced riders and you have been riding 60000+ miles before you got this bike. it seems like another skill mark to me. ninja 500, r6, r1, busa yadda yadda yadda. ive been a longtime member of sportbikes.net and everyone on there tells the newbies dont even think about a 600cc bike. well i did it and have seen no ill effects(accept for that 85 yr old couple that sideswiped me.) the bike to me is a good beginner bike and i believe that i am skilled enough to handle a busa now. what are you guys opinion. the reason i want it is that i want a sport touring bike but i still want the leaned down sportbike feel and this bike to me is the only one to strike that perfect balance of sportbike looks and comfort. i will not be taking twistys as the effect of gravel and uneven roads have almost screwed me too many times in the past. thanks for reading and any imput will be greatly appreciated. also if anyone knows where i can pick up a used one in san antonio no sooner than next august that would be great too.

Its a very big step, but each rider should know their limits even after one short year. If you feel comfortable with this leap, I suppose your as ready as you'll ever be! The best piece of advice I can give is to be Defensive at all times!!! Never assume a driver sees you (stay out of blind spots). Never make a left hand turn until well after your sure its clear. And finally, Never ride hard with a passenger. If you choose to ride Hard by yourself that's fine, but don't risk the life of others. Just my two cents (I lost a friend every year for ten straight years on motorcycles).

Most of all, Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you. Ask questions, tell stories, and have a good time.

First, everyone is different. the busa is my 2nd street bike. my first was a KZ1000K. Anyway, all I can say is be safe, have fun, and don't do any crazy crap until you're ready to die.
smile.gif

Check out this section of our message board:

beerchug.gif

Welcome I am the "STUNNAH" and I am known to
muscle.gif
...You'll enjoy your time here...Sounds to me that your mentality is sound and if your ready to make the move go for it...You will not be disappointed...
smile.gif

I started out on a CBR 600 and had it for two years. I made the jump to the Busa and let me tell you, the power difference is incredible. However I did manage to bounce it off a tree after only having it for 3 1/2 months. It is very easy to get yourself in trouble. You will think that I can catch up with those guys and before you know it your past them. Just take it slow for a while and get used to it. If you build up to it and realize your abilities you will be fine. It's one heck of a rush to hit 85 mph before you're in second gear. Just hang on tight
laugh.gif

Welcome to the board
Jim

Before making that GIANT leap, I would recommend getting on a GSXR 1000. If you feel confident enough on that then go for the Busa. The Busa pulls way harder than anything I have ever been on. IMO (in my opinion) the GSXR 1000 is compareable more than anyother bike. If your not comfertabe with that kind of power, then I would recommend either the 1000 or the GSXR 750. The 750 is a great bike for the intermediate rider looking to gain more skill while making that leap a little bit less before going to a "Big Bore" bike. All in all, be safe out there and welcome to the board!
face7.gif

The Busa is no different from other high performance bikes in that, if you approach it carelessly it will stomp on your body with the same reckless abandon you approached it with. The Busa does accelerate at speeds uncommon to other bikes so you better know what you are doing and where you are at before jerking the throttle WFO. It really helps to know how to stop and corner before yanking hard on the right grip.

However if you know how to ride a MC and approach it with some concern for yourself and others it will be fine. Otherwise you may end up a statistic.

--------

Welcome, Sounds like you want the 'Busa for the right reasons, not to go screamin' around all over the place. When you get it, just be very careful! Take your time and get used to it.

I LOVE MY BUSA,HOWEVER IF I WAS IN YOUR POSITION WITH A NICE 600 FOR THE TWISTIES
I WOULD GO WITH SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE COMFIE FOR THE LONG HAUL.
DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR PLANS ARE,
RIDE WITH WIFE ON SECOND BIKE
WIFE RIDE ON BACK,ETC ,ETC
I HAVE RIDDEN IN HEAVY RAINS,WIND,LONG AND SHORT RUNS AS AN ALL AROUND BIKE YOU CANT BEAT THE BUSA.
BUT WITH MULTIPLE BIKE OPTIONS,UNLESS YOU JUST WANT A REALLY FAST BIKE??.
I ALSO HAVE MY THROTTLE SET WHERE IF I REALLY WANT TO WICK IT UP I HAVE TO GET A SECOND GRIP TO GET IT ALL
AT LOW THROTTLE POSITIONS BUSA CAN KEEP UP WITH ALMOST ANYTHING AND IS A VERY FORGIVING RIDE.GRAB SOME MORE THROTTLE THOUGH AND YOU BETTER BE POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION,BECAUSE LUDICROUS SPEED IS ABOUT TO OCCUR,NOW!!!!

hey guys thanks for the replies. like i said before i love hhe busa for the blend of touring and sportbike appearance. the the fact that the bike is the fastest prod. bike in the world does and doesent scare me but i know i can handle it

your welcome..
now just because you dont have a busa doesnt mean you cant post here as juch as you want, or read and learn whenever.... you get my drift.
hurry up and get that busa!!!!
biggrin.gif

i will not be taking twistys as the effect of gravel and uneven roads  have almost screwed me too many times in the past.
You still have much to learn if this is keeping you away from curvy roads...

not tryin to be a li'l beeeeech but thats the way I see it..

If you can't deal with common unexpected problems you probably need to hold of a little and get more comfortable before moving up. Loose gravel, and weirdly slanted roads are the norm.. gotta learn how to deal with it safely.

You do seem mature enough to handle the 'busa.. just haven't quite gotten all the basics down yet.

Big jump to say the least, but if you take your time and RESPECT the most powerful street bike known to man you should be ok. But if you get it and instantly get stupid the bike will definitely hurt you !!!! Welcome to the board ! Ride Safe!

My first bike was a 600f2 only had it a year,and totaled it. my second bike's a BUSA. So far so good! my point is any bike can crash if you don't respect it. Be safe have fun!

Grey: Go for it! The Busa! Just practice great R-E-S-P-E-C-T for the bike's power.
cool.gif

Back