Just saw another Busa that Fell Over because the Kick Stand Mod was NOT done....

GixxFix

Registered
How many here have Not done the mod?

The last Two Busas I have had it is the FIRST Mod done when brought home from dealer..........out comes the Dremel....

If you use the kick stand correctly, it works just fine... and if your really paranoid.. just place it in gear and push it forward to get the slack out... then it cannot roll forward. Problem solved. :beerchug:

If you use the kick stand correctly, it works just fine... and if your really paranoid.. just place it in gear and push it forward to get the slack out... then it cannot roll forward. Problem solved. :beerchug:

Yup. I've never done the mod.

--Wag--

I do that also........But the Mod is nice also for a little more insurance.

Thanks....now I know. Dremel ready and primed.

Better safe than sorry all it takes is the right situation at the wrong time and place....

Look at pics for a reference on this forum and when done hit the dremeled out spot with some Flat Black and then some gloss.....

I did the first gear mod and nose pointed up hill mod. Never had a problem but once I get a rear stand I'll probably do the kick stand mod just to be safe. :thumbsup:

An 08 That fell....

QUOTE:

" Re: THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have an 08 and it fell with 800 on the clock. you've all prolly seen the posts. anyhow im going to do the mod. ive been riding for 10 yrs. mostly honda bikes. never once had a problem. 3 other bikes never a problem. i always put my foot behind the stand and roll bike back to ensure full lock but the busa still fell over. after close observation the stand was in a small hole in driveway. didnt see it at 6:00 in the morning and walla....damaged bike. however i got a full system and other goodies out of the deal.

good judgement and kickstand mod = very stable bike....thanks guys. "

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/25882-must-do-kick-stand-mod-7.html

Kickstands aren't that hard to operate. I did the mod after a while because of all the hoopla' and hysteria about it, but there is nothing wrong with the original kickstand if you just take 1 extra second and make sure it's all the way forward. Does anyone really park their bikes in "N"?

Parking your bike correctly is more important. First gear...roll forward until the bike stops...stand all the way down...no problems:)

I have read many posts on this site how it can be a grand $$$$ to fix the Busa after a tip over.
Free kickstand mod done a long time ago to move it from near vertical to slightly more forward position.

BTW, you can do the Flattened Tin Can mod for when you're parking in gravel or some other softer surface. Even black top on a hot day. Or the flat rock mod.

:;):

--Wag--

I did the mod after my brother knocked the busa over in the garage wiping the wheel's down.He moved it forward and the stand was straight up and down when he put it back on the stand. The mod help's the sidestand stay in position.

Back