Just rode my busa for the first time

It is a little crazy when you first ride it isn't it?? Don't worry, after a short period of time, it will become boring... That is when it REALLY makes you go HOLY SH!T on your first humbling mistake.

biggrin.gif

Stay COo.oOL and enjoy!

I cant wait to get that feeling too,, Ive had mine almost two months now and still have a big fat zero on the speedo..
wow.gif

Thanks for all the input on the tires went with a 200 bt010. You were right about handling better than my VFR. I would to know about what settings to start with for I have never really set up the suspension before.I'm 6'3" about 280(solid muscle) yeah right. I have been riding on the street for about 15 years on and off. I do ride in the twisties but like a racer. Any help would be appreciated
I think you will like the BT010, I think the pilots are probably a better tire over all but the 010 has single handedly restored a lot of my faith in Bridgstone...I was ready to never buy em' again.

As for suspension set up....That's a trick because it is so personal, based on how you ride, where you ride your weight, tire condition, blah blah blah.  There are some setup guides here and there.  I took Performance Bikes recomended settings which seemed pretty radical, and just did it.  Basically their settings were what they liked on the track and street.  I rode with those settings for a week or so and then really got a feel for what needed tweaked from there, then backed off on a couple of settings.  If you like I will post Performance Bikes settings, they basically firmed up the front and relaxed the rear a bit.  I'll post em' but I cannot guarentee any results, so be sure to record the settings they are currently at or just be ready to reset them to factory specs.  You will also need a C-spanner for the rear shock if you don't have one.  Lemme know...

The proper way to do it is to first set you sag, making sure your suspension is working in the right range to start with, ride and adjust as needed from there.  But there really isn't a "Correct" suspension setting as I am sure you know.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077289570 -->

It is a little crazy when you first ride it isn't it??  Don't worry, after a short period of time, it will become boring...  That is when it REALLY makes you go HOLY SH!T on your first humbling mistake.

biggrin.gif

Stay COo.oOL and enjoy!
I worry about The Oracle sometimes... boring?
rock.gif
Um no, it never gets boring, I am pretty sure Oracle has some Thrill issues here... To many rock faces/ NDEs.... Boring....uh...NO... Less than shocking maybe, but never boring...

But he is dead on in regards to your first whoops earning that second HOLY SH*T! Yeah, try a nice lil slapper at about 140... that will tighten things right up...

It is a little crazy when you first ride it isn't it??  Don't worry, after a short period of time, it will become boring...  That is when it REALLY makes you go HOLY SH!T on your first humbling mistake.

biggrin.gif

Stay COo.oOL and enjoy!
I worry about The Oracle sometimes...  boring?
rock.gif
 Um no, it never gets boring, I am pretty sure Oracle has some Thrill issues here...  To many rock faces/ NDEs....  Boring....uh...NO...  Less than shocking maybe, but never boring...

But he is dead on in regards to your first whoops earning that second HOLY SH*T!   Yeah, try a nice lil slapper at about 140... that will tighten things right up...
Busa Stages for me:

1. EXCITEMENT - Bought it, but couldn't ride it home...
2. EXTREME FEAR - Picked it up with no miles on tires in the rain...
3. RESPECT - Nearly crapped pants 7 times in one ride...
4. HUGE PUCKER FACTOR - rode first UNPLANNED power wheelie...
5. BORED - been riding wheelies and twisties crazily for a month now...
6. SCARED SH!TLESS - max lean, 75 MPH hit bump at apex and lifted entire 520+ lb monstrosity off of ground. Landed and tank slapped/slid off of road into muddy field... Regained composure and counted blessings...
7. BORED - Done it all.
8. SKIERT SHEETLESS AGAIN - brakes failed at 145 in traffic.

repeat numbers 7 and 8 over and over again.

-Rip

Back