Just received some bad news...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
This blows...my now former company of four years is rolling our sales division into a larger business unit. Subsequently, I've been given my two weeks notice in the process.

Never had to claim unemployment compensation but looks like I will to stay afloat until I find something right quick. Really sucks at this time of year.

You have to deal with what life hands you sometimes.

Dang, Sorry Easy. And what a crappy time of year to get that kind of news.

You were in Sales?
Our Company is hiring for tech support, not sure about sales. I'll check tho.

Man really sorry to hear that. I 'm sure something will come up for you soon!

sorry you are having this happen to you...rough time of the year to hear news like this (as if there is a right time)...let us know if there is anything we can do...anyone else in Florida have a line on an available job?

That sucks, man. Especially at this time of year.

--Wag--

Sorry to hear this. Hope something comes up quickly; if not the .org is here, brutha
smile.gif

Hope you set some aside. I went 18 months and nobody but my GF wanted me. Got a job then 3 more offers immediately after I was employed. Find work fast. It just seems that If your employed its easier to find a new job. Suxs, Best off luck to ya.

I'm so sorry about the bad news, and yeah, talk about timing
sad.gif

I hope something better comes along very soon...best of luck to you!

sorry to hear that. couldn't have happened at a worse time. Keep you chin up. something will come along

(Red05 @ Dec. 11 2006,12:58) Sorry to hear this. Hope something comes up quickly; if not the .org is here, brutha
smile.gif
Yep, please let us know if you need any help, and good luck finding something else quickly.

Thanks for the kind words and sentiments everybody. I've been busily scrambling since I got the news this morning, as you can imagine. I'm at least getting my two weeks and vactaion time paid.

FYI, I have mucho experience in outside business to business, person to person sales. Especially those which benefit from developing good inter-personal relationships with the customer, which my most recent job did not...it was more sell the service and pass the buck, which I did not prefer.

I have some friends in the insurance biz who have said I should get into their line for the past year, but I had been content on where I was. I'm researching now.

What really sucks is that if I were given the opportunity to close the proposals I currently have pending I could still hit all my goals for the year, but corp. informed me not to contact any of these existing prospects I have built realtions with over the past 6 months to close the deal before the end of the year...almost like taking money right out of my pocket if they aren't closed by my manager in the next two weeks...not holding my breath.
mad.gif

What has made me feel good is that a few customers who were contacted by my manager have called me on their own accord expressing their disappointment and have asked me if they could do anything.

I'm also helping my dad try and fill a couple of brand new spaces for lease in New Port Richey, FL for a commission (Lowe's Center @ Ridge Road & Little Road for those that know the area).

Thanks again everyone, I'm researching to take the weekend tests to get certified for insurance sales just to get a leg up on things.
zzwhip.gif

Back