Just put a deposit on a new 09 BUS

dubbs

Registered
Just put a deposit on my 09 'BUSa last night. Hopefully I will be picking it up on Saturday. I got it for 12k OTD including all fees. Seemed like a decent deal for the Long Island, NY area. Plus they were the only dealer I could find that had it in black!

They didn't even have the bike in the showroom, it's in their warehouse. I hate that you have to buy bikes w/o test rides due to their insurance not covering them. Oh well, when I bought my 600 four years ago I had to do the same thing and that bike has been a blast.

I just sold my 02 Harley Super Glide for the down payment as I grew tired of it pretty quickly. The fact of not being able to turn kind of ruined it for me, but I did love the sound that thing made.

So now I'll have a 1300cc Bus and a 600cc track machine.. Should work out pretty well. Plus I sold the harley to my dad so I can still ride it on occasion.

Can't wait to try this bike out, never been on anything that powerful in my 5 yrs of riding! :bowdown:

she's a fast, big lady....i feel like a dope addict when i'm on her, just can't quit:laugh: she'll bite yah thugh if your not paying attention....:welcome: to the org

Yeah, I paid almost similar amount here in upstate NY. In my case also the dealer had to get it from another dealer as they didnt have the black one. Coz you know Black is the best model :D:thumbsup:
:welcome: to the .Org! and enjoy your ride before the cold set in here in NY (:please::please: not any soon)

I hate that you have to buy bikes w/o test rides due to their insurance not covering them. Oh well, when I bought my 600 four years ago I had to do the same thing and that bike has been a blast.

I know what you mean. Since I moved house my now local dealer
positivley encourages it. He agree's its the done thing to try before buy.

Had a few problems in the past but normaly a mate or other dealer has
something I can take out for a spin.

Like you, i have bought blind, either due to ordering before they were on sale
(original 1200 Bandit, B-King etc) or due to getting a deal I couldnt refuse.

A big 4-cylinder Suzuki ? I've not been disapointed so far.

They didn't even have the bike in the showroom, it's in their warehouse.

Warehouse huh ?

Betcha they have just ordered it based on your deposit from somebody's warehouse. Dont hold your breathe on the Sat delivery date. They get your deposit and stall ya till it comes in ! I wish I wasn't so cynical but I've seen their tricks, but it will be worth the wait > congrats & :welcome:

Last edited:
Back