Just purchased an 06 Busa, what performance mod should I start with?

I was thinking of starting with the exhaust, and or a power commander, does anybody have any recommendations? If so, where would you find the best prices for that equipment
So you're saying its already too slow for you? I wouldn't mod just to mod......maybe you ought to ride it for abit and see what changes you'd like to make :thumbsup:

Definately take your time. No need to rush the mods. Are you interested in RACE or BLING? A 4-2-1 and a PC will probably define your theme. Big expensive decisions. Think it through my friend. Keep reading..and riding!

:welcome:

boyer,do you want to go in a straight line really fast or corners (canyon riding), maybe touring , figure out what you want then let the mods begin.....turbo,slammed,stretched=straight line....4-2-1, pc3,suspension stiffining,+1" in the rear,galfer brakes-lines=canyons......lower pegs,taller wind screen,taller bars,bags,tons of gagets=touring.......kinda general idea...no matter what BUSA= :bowdown: haha,38yrs of riding 1st motorcycle to scare me..so respect the busa and have fun

I am in the same boat. Just bought a 2006 and want HID setup. Do I need to worry about what wattage. I was going to go with the 55 Watt but do I need to worry about heat? I heard they can get pretty hot. I also want to get the GIpro w/ ATRE. Looks like a cool mod that eliminates the governer. Thanks

Followed by a turbo kit.

yeah what he said, since you mentioned no limit on price and how exactly you want to ride I recommend the RCC Ultra kit that you can still keep it a daily driver, tear up the drag strip, do some LSR runs on it and still do some serious touring.. Ther you got all covered:laugh:

I just bought my busa about 3 months ago...things that I have done and found out...as for HID kit...you don't need a high beam one as the high beam is pretty useless...I bought HID kit for both and even when it was just normal high beam sucked and didn't really offer anything...so 1 hid kit...I bought mine from coremoto...the HID kit was easy to put on and man it make a huge differance...never need my high beam...I think the next step you need to look at...is the suspention...I did a lot of home work on this...because I think the bike should handle right and the busa does not have the greatest springs front or rear...so if you weigh more then 170 I would look into getting a rear spring and some front springs for the forks...along with 1" raisers for the rear and have your bike set up the right way...trust me it's make a HUGE differance in the way it handles...I called race tech because they know what they are doing and the price is great for military...I also switched my tire to a 190/55 and that also helped with the turn in...but I think the foundation of the bike should be importaint because that's something you need to be at it's best no matter what type of riding you do...I'm here in socal so if your close then I have a guy here that is a suspention guru...

kickstand mod.jpg

#KickstandMod ~ #YourFairingsThankYou *

Can we please stop necroposting? | Random Thoughts

Last edited:
Back