Just purchased an 06 Busa, what performance mod should I start with?

Boyer

Registered
I was thinking of starting with the exhaust, and or a power commander, does anybody have any recommendations? If so, where would you find the best prices for that equipment

Boyer,
Do you mind if I ask how long you have been riding? I am guessing not too long. My recommendation if you haven't already is get the number one top rated performance mod for any motorcycle - the MSF course.

True performance is subjective but generally falls into one of two categories:
Speed/HP
Handling

Best mod will be determined by your desired ride.

I agree. I took the MSF course as the only way my wife would also get her Motorcycle License. I thought that I knew everything about riding a motorcycle. It was a great learning experience and I have purchased this riding course for my close friends. I could not agree more. As far as the Hayabusa is concerned, I have ridden Harley Davidson's for the past 10 years. I would like my Hayabusa to have a more personalized look, sound, and feel. I plan to purchase the Akl??????? 4-2-1 pipe (high mount). I am also going to install a HIGH/LOW Beam HID. I like the illumination on my Harley and would expect the same with the Hayabusa. Where could I get this HIGH/LOW beam HID. Some threads make it sound like I will have to settle with only a Low beam HID. As far as performance, I am still in awe at the Hayabusa's speed, so I think I would fall into the category of Performance. Thanks again for the suggestions, please keep them coming

Thanks again for the suggestions, please keep them coming

Suzuki Hayabusa Mods Modifications- World's Fastest Motorcycle | Pashnit

Pick a direction you want to go with your bike - and go that direction.

I specifically wanted the '00 blue silver paint scheme. Got that plus $2500 worth of mods at time of purchase. Then came changing the look to a true blue-silver. Then came modding it into a travel machine.

165 hp at rear wheel was plenty for me.

To answer your question- Most common: for Gen-I, pipe (your choice- slip on or full system), plug PC-III (they are up to the PC-V already) if you go with full system, pair valve removal, air box mod, fan mod, Iridium plugs. Chain & sprocket tooth change. With an '06, some want to derestrict the bike with a Ivan's TRE (cheap), or better yet at GIpro w/ATRE.

Next comes modding the bike for when it falls over someday (it will). Sliders, Woodcraft engine cover, shorter levers like Pazzo or FP Tactical.

If you are truly into safety mods or hi-viz mods, then mod the headlight- either HID or Headlight Modulator (my personal favorite), and Taillight Modulator mod too.

The appearance mods are never ending quest to turn it into your bike. Congrats on the new purchase. :thumbsup:

I agree. I took the MSF course as the only way my wife would also get her Motorcycle License. I thought that I knew everything about riding a motorcycle. It was a great learning experience and I have purchased this riding course for my close friends. I could not agree more. As far as the Hayabusa is concerned, I have ridden Harley Davidson's for the past 10 years. I would like my Hayabusa to have a more personalized look, sound, and feel. I plan to purchase the Akl??????? 4-2-1 pipe (high mount). I am also going to install a HIGH/LOW Beam HID. I like the illumination on my Harley and would expect the same with the Hayabusa. Where could I get this HIGH/LOW beam HID. Some threads make it sound like I will have to settle with only a Low beam HID. As far as performance, I am still in awe at the Hayabusa's speed, so I think I would fall into the category of Performance. Thanks again for the suggestions, please keep them coming

Go here for the HIDs and go high and low on the Gen I

HID Headlights : Xenon Lights : HID Kit : Xenonking.com

Boyer, I didn't mention it but there's some pretty good installation threads with pix on here when you install your HIDs.

Lots of fuel, Fill the tank and go ride the thing and you will figure out what you need, plus you did't say how or what riding you do. Bike, MSF and gear and go from there. :rulez:

+1 on MSF ... it would be better though if they teach you in a real world enviornment...but they DO teach you good beginner skills i guess....just my .002...but before any performance mods...invest in some SEAT TIME!!!! Practice practice practice ride the bike get to know it....no mods with a good skilled rider > poor rider with full blown bike....................

.................and then get a 1441 w/a turbo!!!:laugh::thumbsup:

Hey pashnit!!! speaking of mods....anytime the bagster will come out for the 09 silver?????

Did sobbody say the H-Word just kidding and welcome :welcome:

Leathers! What gear do you wear? Leather pants, jacket, gloves. Coming off a Harley, Lamb will assume you don't have all the gear. Seldom do Harley riders consider this a performance consideration. Lamb didn't either until he wore all the gear. Full face helmet, real boots, not Big 5 service boots, back protector. Please consider this before putting one upgrade onto an already overpowered motorcycle. The Hayabusa platform is the nice package the way it is.

Upgrade the performance of the worst system on the bike first. The brakes. Steel lines, rotors, maybe a master cylinder from a gsxr 1000-750. PLEASE Please don't forget to STOP using the back brake unless you are stopped. PLEASE! This is a personal crusade that Lamb is on. It is, however, not without merit. Way too many simple accidents can be avoided by not asking the rear brake to do what it can't do--------------> Stop the motorcycle.
Good luck with your purchase and welcome to the addiction.:welcome: Welcome to the oRg:welcome::welcome:
:rulez:Now post some pics:rulez:

One of the things I look to do on any bike that I purchase and I'm not sure you'd call it a mod but I try and set the bike up to fit me. I did that with Heli Bars, different grips, lowered pegs and a windshield that I can live with for touring. The bike (IMO) is plenty fast in stock form so I just worked on the BASF stuff just make it a little better for me.

+3 on MSF and ERC. Throw in a California Superbike School 2 dayer and I think you have the beginnings of how to handle the bike. Wardie

Back