Just picked up my 01

gsxr996

Registered
just gothome from picking up my new to me 01 busa.its really my wifes bike.bought it from of friend of mine.got it cheap cause there is a smoking and oil burning issue.was sure its the valve seals,but the symptoms are strange.drove it about 40 miles keeping it below 7000rpm,no smoke.did a couple of rollons with a zx14,did well at lower revs but got smoked from 8000up,stoped abdit was smoking like crazy and dripping oil out the side somewhere.took the right fairing,oil all over the place but cant pinpoint it.so put it back together and drove another 130miles keeping it below 7000,not a drop of smoke or dripping oil.just wondering if there is a vacuum hose or pcv valve that could be unhooked pressurising the head dumping oil back in getting through valve cover gasket and valve seals when its smoking.pics tomorrow,too dark tonight.

Congrats on new ride. Hope u get smoke resolved...doesn't sound good.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wife took her first ride tonight just drove it normal not a hint of smoke,kinda weird.
DSC04596.jpg
DSC04595.jpg
DSC04597.jpg

That's the one year to avoid if possible. Starter kickback issues, one year only ECU. You might consider upgrading the starter clutch to the 02'-07' style.

Very nice looking though, you have some nice mods on there, screen, seat, pipe :)

Back