Just picked it up ! :)

jmasin

Registered
Well I just drove her back from the dealer for the first time. All I can say is wow.

I keep singing that Tom Petty song, except it's "The break-in is the hardest part"
cheesy.gif

I think I've heard/read a hundred times about thinkin' you're going 50 and you're really going 80 and now I know that's true. I was taking it really easy, new bike and all, and I look down and I'm going 80. Incredible machine.

Well, its off to scrub up the new tires!
ernaehrung004.gif

I guess that it could be a group hallucination, maybe we really are going 30 miles an hour slower than the speedo says..

ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

Can't understand why people soup these up. I have 500 miles on my machine now and frankly can't get near to cracking the gas pedal (chicken poop). In the 70's had a car that would do burn outs for a block and would beat a Z-1. I would floor it all the time. Only a Pantara was faster on the road (way faster). Built 429 with 3.01 gears. Corvettes were slow. Times have changed. The Busa is unreal to me. I've been beat up so many times in the past, so for me it's just a very cool very fast touring bike. It will probably be a slow one cause I keep the R's down - 150hp is still OK by me!

I think I'm in your category, hank, but I'm hoping a few(many) trackdays/instruction will build confidence - I hope...

hank / Kemyl,
Nothing wrong with keeping it down,150hp is plenty, but watch out once you hit 160hp and 185mph in a 9/10's you want more, and more and more .....

terrahawk - yeah, I was talkin' about the new busa. had just gotten her at that point.

I used to think my vette was fast. hah!

I get to pick up my ssilver 02 on Sat.
biggrin.gif

I'm so stoked. The hardest part is getting it
home . 15 minutes at a time from seattle . I
want to break it in right so it'll take awhile to
get here . Any other tips on break-in would be
great . I'll be following the book other than oil chages
which I do every 1500-2000 miles . Keep the rubber side
down , and God Bless .

Back