Just ordered H.I.D. kit from Xenonking

thelakeshow2k

Registered
went with the hi-lo kit from visionpro for $180. i'm all about safety and i think (for the price) this will be a great safety mod! i just hope the installation is as easy as they say.

anyone have a link to installation pics for a generation 1 busa? thanks.

pretty much plug and play.

do a search for HID and you will find a few installs.

i ran DDM on my accord, they went out within 1 yr and the warranty was a PITA to deal w/

got DDM for the busa, a bit back, if it goes out, no biggie it was only ~$50

i had KBcarstuff - Your one stop auto accessory super shop. Proudly serving the automotive industry since 2001! HID on our 1st ody, $400 back then, worked great, bought them again on our 2nd odyssey late last yr, $250, still worth it IMO

ddm is a cheap kit and the warranty and service (3 weeks shipping time) shows it. but for the bike i agree, cheap is fine. though i recommend a delay relay or change your starting sequence cuz the DDMs draw ALOT of amps at startup, more then their claim.

i recently went w/ a local place for HIDs for our beater car, $100 (installed), i had ordered DDM, but after 2 weeks and still no ship, i cancelled the order.

DDM did take a bit to get here but I ordered them 2nd week of Dec and they said they were just swamped is all.

As you say 50 bucks aint bad.
We will see how long they last and I will update thread if anything happens or start a new one.

DDM did take a bit to get here but I ordered them 2nd week of Dec and they said they were just swamped is all.

As you say 50 bucks aint bad.
We will see how long they last and I will update thread if anything happens or start a new one.

both kits i ordered took over 2 weeks and ship and the recently cancelled one was 3 weeks in.

and they may have a lifetime warranty BUT
1) keep your receipt, cuz it took me 2 tries to get a hard copy (pdf) from them. at first they told me they don't keep records
2) they wanted me to send in the "bad" bulbs when it was obvious it was bad, they they were gonna test it, then send me a replacement set, w/ their shipping taking 2-3wks, how long would you be w/o HIDs if you had to send it back to them? dunno.

it's a cheap kit. thats it.

Inexpensive maybe but i took advice from others here who havehad same kits in their bike for a while...

Anyway I hope I trade the bike before I lose the bulbs...:laugh:

it's too late to change my order....... :oops: why do you think there is such a huge difference in price? i thought $180 was reasonable, but $50 is a steal! i'm an "install and don't touch again" type modder. i'm hoping that the extra money spent (for possibly a more reputable or dependable kit) might be worth it for me. :please:

I have had my Xenon-Kings on for a few years and no issues...hi-beam and low beam.

I had vision Pro first then won a set of McCollough and installed them and sold the vision pros.

Both are great sets.

The way I look at it is...I dont want to have to use a warranty. Install and go:thumbsup:

Very happy with xenonking's....few fitment and plug and play issues but not too bad. Just set a side a day to do it and you will be fine. You won't believe how night riding is now.

Back