Just me and the road, some orange groves

Relsek

Registered
I went out riding solo this morning, got tired of getting pulled over every time I ride in the populated areas, so I went to the yet undiscovered parts of Polk County.

Only one photo, it shows some of the road and the groves alongside. That's about all that's down there.

Here are a few small video clips from the ride. Nice empty roads with some long curves and a few whoop de doos.
clip 1
clip 2

tn_100_6470.JPG

(Spigga @ Oct. 14 2006,21:27) Too lazy to look up a map ... how far is Polk County from Miami?
Tampa is in Hillsborough County, Disney is in Oceola County, Polk County sits right between the two.

Shooting strait up 27, you can be in that area in 2.5 to 3 hours, it was near Avon Park, which is just north of Sebring

Sounds like a nice riding distance from here. I may have to get back at you about that location sometime soon.

Looks like fun. The first clip looks similar to the roads that we use coming in the back way to Sebring. Regardless, there's some fun & under utilized roads out there.

super.gif

(Ride_or_Fish @ Oct. 14 2006,23:23) Looks like fun. The first clip looks similar to the roads that we use coming in the back way to Sebring.  Regardless, there's some fun & under utilized roads out there.

super.gif
Same general area, different road.

(Relsek @ Oct. 14 2006,21:34)
(Spigga @ Oct. 14 2006,21:27) Too lazy to look up a map ... how far is Polk County from Miami?
Tampa is in Hillsborough County, Disney is in Oceola County, Polk County sits right between the two.

Shooting strait up 27, you can be in that area in 2.5 to 3 hours, it was near Avon Park, which is just north of Sebring
I used to pass through there a few times a week, (17 to 64 to 27 at Avon Park then to Haines city)... I live in Cape Coral and worked in Haines City, now I work for a company with a plant in Winter Haven, (Polk Co.)... Watch out for the deer.

Let me know the next time you go out to the orange grove area. I'm in Mulberry and glad to come along with you.
smile.gif

(ddudde @ Oct. 23 2006,09:07) Let me know the next time you go out to the orange grove area.  I'm in Mulberry and glad to come along with you.  
smile.gif
My son is a popo in Mulberry.

I'll do that.

Back