Just installed V&H CS1 slip ons

Mhengst

Registered
Guys,

I just got my 2011 Busa a couple of months ago. I have done alot of the comfort mods that are suggested here. Buell Pegs, Soupys riser, and comfort grips. I am really loving the machine. Thanks to all of you for the suggestions! I just put on V&H CS1 slip ons and wow what a growl they put out. I have a question though. I just got back from a ride and I noticed a ticking sound that I really did not notice with the stock cans. I am wondering if I just didn't notice it before since I was now listening to the new exhaust or if the new exhaust has a different back pressure.

I did a search and it sounds like it may be normal. Any thoughts?

By the way I just hit 500 miles so I am going for my break in oil change soon.

Yeah the ticking sound is normal. Mine usually goes away after the engine is warmed up. Nice choice on the V&H cans. :beerchug:

the ticking is because the aftermarket is made out of thinner metal and its just the metal cooling down its normal

Thanks Guys. I should clarify. The ticking sounds like it is coming from the engine not the actual mufflers. I saw on another thread that it could be from the fuel injectors.

Mine has been ticking since I got it late 07. I have an 08 and so far no issues with it. My ticking comes and goes so I don't worry about it anymore. Welcome to the board and enjoy the ride:thumbsup:

I was thinking exhaust leak, since you worked on the exhaust and started hearing it. Grip It and Rip It brother.

Light a cigar and blow the smoke around the pipe connections you will see if there is a leak, Nice pipes btw, when I build up my MC funds again I will relook these pipes , have Danmoto noisemakers right now, okay but like the sound of the CS Ones better.

Thanks for the responses guys! I refitted both cans and tightened the fittings and it sounds fine now! Had a great ride through Little Tujunga Canyon (SoCal) this morning.

Ok... Here are the pics as requested. Hope you like!

Busa 2.jpg

busa3.jpg

Back