just installed full HMF exhaust

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
Ok help me out guys...

I just finished installing my new HMF full elliptical low mounts carbon fiber exhaust and while I was there I took out the pair...now I plugged up both hoses and used block of plates with new gaskets.

The exhausts sound great! Didn’t have a chance to test performance yet.
anyway I installed my pcIII and I had the right map on it but when I started the bike the first time the FI light came on...I guess and hope it has something to do with the pair not being there anymore and there is any easy fix to this prob....anyway about 45 min later I started her up again but this time I got no FI warning light...?

What gives fellas???

the only complaint about the HMF exhaust is that now the back bottom bolts that attach to the little fairing at the bottom cant be bolted bec the pipes are to big ad push the plastic down slightly so the side panels can reach to bolt them on but I guess its not really a big deal...did anyone else have that prob?
rock.gif
?

I do not have the HMF, but if the fairing is touching the exhaust thats not good. The mid pipes can be adjusted a little and with the BDE system you can get them to fit correctly around the fairing.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the pc3 usb and see if you get the same results. You also might wanna start her up with and without the PC3 usb... Keep us posted
wink.gif
...by the way, we do need pics please
biggrin.gif

pics will come...but ony after everythin is running smoooooth
cool.gif

thanx for the advice i'll give it a try.

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127992310 -->

It sounds like you may not have a good connection at the PCIII plugs. I have not heard of a FI light with just a exhaust / pair valve mod but strange things do happen. If the light does not come back on when you start / run the bike then the problem was temporary. The ecm will clear of the warning light everytime you take the key out and it will come back only if there is still a problem. Good Luck.

It sounds like you may not have a good connection at the PCIII plugs.  I have not heard of a FI light with just a exhaust / pair valve mod but strange things do happen.  If the light does not come back on when you start / run the bike then the problem was temporary.  The ecm will clear of the warning light everytime you take the key out and it will come back only if there is still a problem.  Good Luck.
yep the problem didnt come back...dunno what it was but i'm glad its gone!

took it for a test ride yesterday and it was awesome!!!!

as if the busa could be more smooth in its power delivery...this system makes it even smoother right from idle.

and not to mention i just could never give up the look of two exhauts and i wanted a full system that looked and sounds good and this is deff the system to get!

dont orry pics will be coming soon!

I just got my order on the dual high mounts...their instructions say if you don't have clearance you installation may be wrong. I would go through you alignments with a fine tooth comb.

It also says donot operate your busa if the pipes are touching the plastic it will melt them like a hot knife through butter.

Have those pipes, didn't install them myself, i'm lazy like that... But the left pipe comes damn near the plastic right by the vent. Doesn't actually hit it, but it's damn close. Love the power, love the sound, love the look... that's all i have to say

EDIT: change the fan while you have everything apart. there cheep.

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131550481 -->

thanx ppl,
in the end i redid the install and got everything to fit without touching any plastic it was a pain in the ass but i got it. and the FI light stopped coming on after i rechecked all the connections.
the only question is; the map on my pc3 is from someone with high mount exhausts, mine are low mount do you think it makes a diff??
here is the link to another post with picks of my pipes...
<a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=33382;st=0#entry596571
" target='_blank'>https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin....571
</a>

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131579134 -->

Back