just how long should my cush drive last??

ilwu23busa

Donating Member
Registered
I noticed that there was a little slop inthe cush drive!!!
now along with the chain change out I might be lookin for a cush drive !!!!!! just how much play should there be in the sprocket-wheel-cush
rock.gif
???
iamwithstupid.gif

never mind did a search and found out thanks I did get almost 20000 out of a stock chain though
all_coholic.gif

depends on how hard you ride and how much power you got.

Some wear out after a few thousand miles. some last the lifetime of the bike.

for me about 8000 miles i needed new ones need new ones right now at nearly 28k

must call charles at street'n'track

Thanks Guys i've just turn 19500 miles and have a little more play in there than I'd like !!!!!!!!
lookin 2 buy some now

thanks
beerchug.gif

As part of my "winter mods" I pulled my wheel last night, checked bearings and cush rubbers. My scooter has 6500 miles 02 model and the bearings were good to go (repacked 'em though) and my cush rubbers were also pretty good. I guess when I checked it there was maybe 1/3 inch play when I tried to rotate the wheel. There was very little rubber lying around in there, just a few flakes but I changed them anyway. For those who have a little trouble getting the rubber stopper (point on bottom of cush rubber) to click into the hole, just use a little liquid Joy (just a trace) on the point and then you can snap the rubber in easily. Also, a little Joy (again, just a trace) on the open part of the cush rubber will allow you to easily put the hub in. Otherwise it can be a chore. Also, the soap dries (just like you put grips on your bike or golf clubs) and it's solidily together!
cool.gif

Back