Just here coping with the corona virus...

extended our lock down "stay at home" until the 1st of may today. We won at life as my wife calls it the other day and found a 4pk of tp and some paper towels. The local HEB has been doing a good job of getting things restocked at night. Just have to pick the right time to go and avoid people. Produce seems to be abundant. Found a few packs of ramen and scored on some rice and beans. Boredom is getting rampant but my yard is looking better!!! lol

Coronovirus | In the News

April 1 MARCH.jpeg

FAK! Just got notice that our USPS letter carrier has the virus. In this tiny little community! No delivery today and maybe tomorrow as the local PO (normally a lovely lil office) just a couple miles away, is closed ‘until further notice’ for ‘cleaning’. A different carrier will begin deliveries. I happened to go there just about a week ago as I had a package to send but I paid with a CC and didn’t touch anything. I only go there maybe every couple months anyway. So, I’ll wear gloves to open my mail now and throw the envelopes away? Until further notice? Like I said, FAK!

Wish after today I could stay home . Austin High school is larger than a city block . 16,778 steps today packing 4 ' ladder , portable band saw , portable hammer drill , cordless drill , cordless impact driver , two pipe benders 1/2" / 3/4" EMT , Hole saw kit , misc emt fittings / parts , Hard hat , saftey gear , steel toes . It was a long day correct Electrical contractor mistakes of Fire System panels . I'm guessing I weighed 225 pounds with all that on me . Real weight 150 ish . Worst part went to Van almost 1/4 mile away for parts , and left tape measure :( .
Long day !

Before n after photos. EC ran three dedicated 20 amp circuits because no one said the can all run on ONE 20 amp circuit.
No cross connections for communication to each panel or stub up pipe for field wires to enter back cans .

First 6 photos are my work . Last two are beforehand

20200403_140129.jpg

20200403_140136.jpg

20200402_101144.jpg

20200403_123938.jpg

20200402_100707.jpg

20200402_100719.jpg

20200402_073330.jpg

20200403_123943.jpg

I see it appears these are in a data center or server room? What are the red boxes
Fire alarm voice amplifiers 50 watts some are dual 50 watts. The smaller cans are for NAC circuits ( notification appliance circuit) aka flashing strobe lights . Locations are small IDF or server rooms . The school is three stories with buildings A,b ,c,d,e,f,g,and h . G , and h are single story stand alone not connecting to main building but have under ground cables networking the fire alarm system together

@c10, I really take my hat off to ya man, that is very clean sort out of that system right there, and as you said, a lot of weight to lug around all day . . . I hope this is not a 'normal' day for ya, you must have 'easier' days I'm hoping?
I have a new appreciation of the work you do in your day job Bryan.
Makes me appreciate the time and effort you put into your "c10's Garage" videos.
I can also understand why you head out to the boonies with your wife and dogs and camp up so often.
You deserve it. :thumbsup:

Wages and benefits still coming though right Bryan?:thumbsup: My son the electrician and his wife have both lost their jobs and their benefits so now, no medical insurance unless they spend around $1,000-$1,200 per month for their family of four.:confused:

Thanks Greg :) . CBX the wages still rolling in for wife , and I . Shes fortunate if total lock down her company pay 10 days plus her 4 weeks vacation . I have only one week of vacation out of 3 earned at 2.31 hours per week of paid PTO . Our oldest lost his job already , but lives here with us . Our savings is very good if it went total lock down . maybe 8 months of stand by at normal rate . 10 pinching pennies . Of course now the only things purchased are needs .

Greg a normal day for me is about the same in steps , tool belt , ladder . Except I drive from call to call so have rest time in between while driving . Also no full PPE to wear .

FAK! Just got notice that our USPS letter carrier has the virus... So, I’ll wear gloves to open my mail now and throw the envelopes away? Until further notice? Like I said, FAK!

How long can the virus live on paper such as an envelope? Food packaging and rolls of TP? The bag of rice I bought a week ago is now safe to handle without gloves??

Back