Just here coping with the corona virus...

Slowstang305

Registered
Hehehe took the gf to the sand bar down in Key Biscayne, FL. But in other news, meats and eggs are sold out everywhere. Toilet paper also (still unsure why).
IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3578 2.JPG

89784117_10220840171055642_5260729428815642624_n.jpg

#CaliforniaGoneMad ~ #CostcoRunOnToiletPaperAndWater ~ #THEoRg *

The panic buying is due to impending quarantine restrictions that people fear will lock them up in their homes for up to a month.
We have 8 confirmed cases here in NZ, no deaths though, and the government has placed restrictions on travel, group assemblies, closed down schools etc, people are buying up like $1500 in groceries at the supermarket!
It’s chaos, our airline Air New Zealand is laying off 30% of its staff, about 380.
Tourism, our main industry, is stuffed, all arrivals must ‘self quarantine ‘ for 14 days but a lot of them are laughing at that and just go about their holiday as per normal.
It’s crazy times....

We stocked up on everything we could. We spent over $2000 in supplies. Yesterday we were at a fleet farm and they were out of ammo for a lot of stuff and were selling guns like crazy. We got there at noon and they had sold 50 hand guns and they were out of home defense shot guns. Of course tp, flu medicine, Kleenex, water and canned goods were empty on a lot of shelf’s in stores in our town. Right now are kids is off school till April.

We stocked up on everything we could. We spent over $2000 in supplies. Yesterday we were at a fleet farm and they were out of ammo for a lot of stuff and were selling guns like crazy. We got there at noon and they had sold 50 hand guns and they were out of home defense shot guns. Of course tp, flu medicine, Kleenex, water and canned goods were empty on a lot of shelf’s in stores in our town. Right now are kids is off school till April.
Yeah you know it's bad when ammo starts selling out. I picked up a nice 6.5 rifle and ammo before ammo started running out in some stores.

Hard rain and 42 degrees here so no riding. Snowing up the road. I’m always fairly stocked up on things so I haven’t visited either of the markets 8 miles away in almost two weeks. There is a lil store here but I seldom go there (high prices). Lots of elders around here and we’re supposed to be the most susceptible so I doubt there’s many group activities. Yosemite bus tours often stop in Oakhurst up the road where the stores are but in this weather, probably not. Bad for business everywhere.:confused: If it wasn’t raining I’d go riding as that’s a solo activity anyway. :D

Back