Just got shocked

just the thought of getting shocked gives me the willys

LOL, we moved into a new house with big $$$ landscaping and within a couple of days my dogs started tearing up the flower and shrub beds. So, went to Lowes and put an electric cattle fence transformer with a wire all around the beds. I only had it switched on for three days and the dogs learnt. But the first time my Siberian Husky touched the wire, he pooped himself right there.

Een 7.5.jpg

I had an old 220 line where my compressor used to be I had the breakers taped off saying do not use:rulez:

One night i go to park my bike in between the car and the wall where said line was sitting on the bike started to lean so i put my hand on the wall touching the wires while my other hand was on the tank:whistle:

Unbeknown to me one of my genius kids had pulled the tape switched it on and put the tape back on.

The current traveled from my left hand through my body to the right hand and burnt two holes through the paint on the gas tank ???

It was something i never want to experience again believe me when I say I feel your pain.

Anyone see the video of the guy on top of the electric train who touch the wire and got fried up immediately? Cause on fire after he fell down.

IT WAS AWESOME. Well, not for him. But amazing to see what electricity can do in a matter of portions of a second.

Dont be this guy:
shock on train - YouTube[/url]
No gore or anything really. Not for a kid to see probably?

Last edited by a moderator:
I once slipped and fell on an electric cow fence while trying to retrieve a frisbee.
It burned my back pretty good. I can still feel the pain and hear my friends laughing cuz they said I was wiggling pretty fierce.

Glad your ok today.

I once slipped and fell on an electric cow fence while trying to retrieve a frisbee.
It burned my back pretty good. I can still feel the pain and hear my friends laughing cuz they said I was wiggling pretty fierce.

Glad your ok today.

:laugh: those cattle fences can be pretty nasty. My uncle had a handful of acres fenced off with that stuff for his horses. Going between them to mess with the horses i have been shocked a time or two

LOL, we moved into a new house with big $$$ landscaping and within a couple of days my dogs started tearing up the flower and shrub beds. So, went to Lowes and put an electric cattle fence transformer with a wire all around the beds. I only had it switched on for three days and the dogs learnt. But the first time my Siberian Husky touched the wire, he pooped himself right there.

We did something similar when the dogs started crawling under the house and messing with the pipes..

I borrowed an electric fence from some friends of mine. They told me it was called a cattle killer.. should be strong enough to teach my dogs a lesson.. this thing used to burn the grass when it got high enough to touch the wire.

I wrapped the wire around the lattice that was around the bottom of the house. My little rat terrier/ beagle Titus went to pee on the corner of the house.. and continued peeing and running and jumped into my arms trying to get away. Poor lil guy saw his little puppy life flash before his eyes.. but they never crawled under the house and broke anymore pipes!

i've been shocked several times and it didn't effect me at all. but I do admit, if you pull my finger, a beam of light comes out of my ears!

You got lucky dude. As James said 1/10 of 1 amp across the heart can kill you. I got in trouble as a kid. I convinced the neighbor kid to pee on granddads cattle fence while spending a summer with him. :laugh:

Back