Just got screwed

That would P*ss me off big time....dude knew what he was doing too bro...I would do my best to get all the money back.....did you ask him if he supplied a jar of vaseline too.....sometimes you win on ebay..but you have to be very careful ...sorry to hear it bro...laters
mad.gif

Ron, if the Kentucky jerk was a stand-up guy, why did he mask off the fuel fill hole so you could not see the rust in the picture? Anyone seeing that amount of rust would have passed on the deal I'm sure. Hope all works out for you.
rock.gif

BTW -

In case anyone is curious. Here is the item number 4565727143 for the auction in question

And here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....5727143

And dang it, I did not want to give the guy a bad rap and now I think I should have. I gave the guy a positive with just the word positive. (it would not let me leave it blank and I could not think of anything that would not have been derogatory).

I just went and looked at his rating and it looks like some others had similar problems and maybe were trying to be nice to this guy also.

I guess I should have just waited to give this guy feedback.

But initially I wasn't going to do anything, I was thinking I might have been able to salvage the tank. But after talking to a few people on the ride this weekend it was pointed out to me that with the fuel injection on the Busa and rust on the inside of the tank, the tank was pretty much worthless.

I did not decide to file a claim and pursue this until after I got back this weekend. And I had already left feedback.

I just didn’t want to be an a$$ to this guy. Now it seems I should have…

I guess my new signature statement says it all

"Losing faith in humanity one person at a time" doah….

Kind of wish the guy wasn’t so far away….

So I guess my advice to everyone in regards to Ebay is:

1) Dont be so quick to leave feedback.

2) Be carefull about purchasing a gas tank on Ebay, because if it is shipped to you the shipping charges could make it real painful to send back if it is in bad condition

3) If you are trying to purchase a gas tank, make sure you specificallly ask about any rust inside our outside of the tank.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124846268 -->

Ron, if the Kentucky jerk was a stand-up guy, why did he mask off the fuel fill hole so you could not see the rust in the picture? Anyone seeing that amount of rust would have passed on the deal I'm sure. Hope all works out for you.
rock.gif
Yeah I know.. the more and more I think about it the more I am thinking the guy knew exactly what he was doing.

I am going to wait and see what Paypal does for me for a refund. and after words I will probably contact the guy and ask him for the remainder and see what he says.

As it stands, Paypal's policy states it can get me back the $102.00 for the tank and the $26.00 for shipping that was in the original auction, but it looks as though the additonal $36.00 he asked for and I sent seperatley I cannot file a claim against.

So as it stands right now, unless I can get the guy to be stand up and send me the $36.00 he charged me extra to ship to me and the $86.00 I paid to send it back, I will be out $122.00 because this guy tried to sell me junk.

Dang Ron that is messed up. We don't deserve to get scammed like that. Let us know how it turns out and if you need help from us putting pressure on that seller to refund all of your money.

Dang Ron that is messed up. We don't deserve to get scammed like that. Let us know how it turns out and if you need help from us putting pressure on that seller to refund all of your money.
Thanks DJ..

Before I filed a complaint and before this last weekend when I discovered how really screwed I was. I had sent the guy an email with all the pictures I posted here.

I told him I would probably leave him a positive feedback with no comment and that I wasn't pleased and if he wanted to kick back some cash to me to compensate me for the bad tank that would be great.

I told him I would leave it up to him as to how much he wanted to give me back. I wanted to see how and if he responded.

Figured if he came back and offered to give me half the money back or something then I figured that would have said something about his character and the transaction (I.E. he did feel bad about it)

But he had about 5 days to respond to the email before I filed with Paypal and ebay. He sent one email stating he would refund my money once he received the tank back if I sent it back to him.

But since he already apparently screwed me initially. I was worried that if I sent the tank back to him without getting paypal and or ebay involved I might have got screwed by him again.

And I figured I would have been better off if he would have gave me half the money back and keeping the tank instead of me paying $86.00 to send him a bad tank back that in all good concious he should not try to sell to anyone else

If he would have sent me half the money back. I would have only been out about $75.00, right now it looks as though I am going to be out about $110.00.

But if I would not have sent the tank back and he didnt send me any money I would have been out about $160.00

So basically by sending him ther tank back I am saving $40.00

Now that I think of it THIS might not have been worth my hassle to send him the tank back

I think I will keep an eye on this guys auctions for a while and see if he tries to sell the tank again. If he does then I will report him.

At least having Paypal involved Paypal will pay me back and they will get the money from him. so a little more insurance.

Still waiting to see if this guy stands up to the plate and refunds all my expenses or not. I like to try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt before I do anything negative to anyone.

So I will wait until Paypal refunds my money and once it is over and done with I will see how much money I got back and see if this guy ever contacts me before I make any further decisions.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124851493 -->

Thrasher, its obvious you are a super nice guy who is more than fair but you have alot to learn about dealing with Ebay and other internet transactions.

Myself , id have demanded my money back in full before sending the tank back. I never leave feedback until I am 100% satisfied.

Or id have demanded back most of my money and had the tank coated, it was not that bad, it could have easily been dealt with.

The way I guess it it would have worked out is id tell the seller i want my shipping money back as well as the full tank amount plus he has to pay shipping to get the tank back. Or id just offer him a chance to buy out of the deal for about 80% of the tanks auction closing amount.

Thrasher, its obvious you are a super nice guy who is more than fair but you have alot to learn about dealing with Ebay and other internet transactions.

Myself , id have demanded my money back in full before sending the tank back. I never leave feedback until I am 100% satisfied.

Or id have demanded back most of my money and had the tank coated, it was not that bad, it could have easily been dealt with.

The way I guess it it would have worked out is id tell the seller i want my shipping money back as well as the full tank amount plus he has to pay shipping to get the tank back. Or id just offer him a chance to buy out of the deal for about 80% of the tanks auction closing amount.
Never thought of those options.

As far as the tank being repaired. I had asked a few people if there was a way to get rust of of the inside of the tank and the general concensus was that there really is no way to ensure all the rust has been removed and that with a fuel injected bike any amount rust (even small) could cause problems.

The exterior rust and the dog ear being bent really did not bother me that much, I knew I could have taken care of that. It was just the inside rust that I did not have any answers to and no ones else I asked had any positive answers.

So I thought about it and decided I did not want to take any chances.

Your right, I do have a lot to learn. if you go to ebay and look at my score, I have only purchased like 9 things from ebay in the last 2 years. So I am still learning.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124853936 -->

ugh....how screwey.

Sounds about as f####d up as a quadriplegic being tossed into a swimming pool.

That was ugly! Sorry that happened to you!!! I tend to be very trusting to a point also! Hope all works out well! However.......I would be giving some additional feedback on EBay!!! Not very nice!!!! Others need to know!!! This guy is not to be trusted!!!!

They cannot necessarily remove the rust but it can be covered, the whole inside of the tank can be coated. I am not exactly sure what exactly it is that they use but I know it works and lasts because I have gotten a few older/collector car tanks coated with excellent results.

if you havent sent it yet, contact the seller and tell him it will ship COD for the difference in the freight amount that you are out. the $36 = $86. he will have to cut UPS a check to receive it. if he denies it send the refusal to Ebay or Paypal as proof.

Located in California.

I already sent it our yesterday. Paypal states that if you do not provide a tracking nuber within 10 days they close the claim so I did not want to sit on it.

That would have been a good idea sending it COD.

Back