Just got screwed

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
No customary reach around, no kiss, no flowers, no dinner.

Just screwed.

So I am trying to get a second set of plastics, tank etc so I can do a custom paint job, Trying to find the best deals I can, trying to keep the cost down.

Have not been doing to bad, until now.

I won a Busa tank off of ebay for $102.00 I am thinking wooo hoooo.

Ok, so there is $26.00 shipping. No big deal.

Right after I win the auction (next morning) the seller contacts me and tells me he was going to ship it but it will be an extra $36.00

So I am thinking that is kind of f’d up. I mean he should have either determined the shipping before hand or made some kind of statement about not knowing the shipping cost. But shipping was listed as $26.00 so I figured that was what it was going to be.

So anyway, the tank was listed as in good condition, that it had a dent but it was pulled out and repaired by a shop.

The auction had two pictures, one of each side. You could see where it had been primered

So I am thinking, ok, whatever extra $36.00. still getting a good deal, so I paypal him the extra money.

So I get the tank. Open the box up and noticed it was packed worth a crap, one of the dog ears was poking through the box and was bent up.

I am thinking, ok no big deal. I was going to do work on it anyway.

Then I turn the tank over and discover the hole on the bottom where the fuel pump attaches.. solid rust.

The guy didn’t cover the hole so there was packing peanuts all inside. So shop-vac out all the peanuts, shine a flash light inside and guess what I find? More rust.

Make a long story short, reported it to Ebay and to paypal. They tell me they have contacted the seller and he will refund my money once he receives the tank back.

But I am thinking all I am going to get back is the $102.00 for the tank. I am thinking that he is not going to refund the shipping.

Not only that, but I just shipped it UPS ground back to him, just cost me another $86.00

So at the minimum, even if the guy DOES pay me for the $60.00 shipping from him to me, I am still out $86.00 because of some other (errrrr I want to say such bad things about him). Individual..

I will post some pics in a minute

Here are some pics

picE0011.jpg

Inside the tank (Now I am fuming. everything exteranal I could have delt with)

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124832235 -->

picE0026.jpg

Hey Boss give me address, I'll whip this guy into next week.
problem is I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

If it were me? I am pretty sure I would have noticed the rust all over the underside.

So far the guy is not disputing anything and seems to be willing to refund the money.

We all make mistakes so I am going to assume he was busy like everyone else and it was just an oversite.

But I did report everything to Ebay and Paypal. So if the guy is a jerk, he will begin to have a history.

I think the biggest thing that killed me was having to drop $86.00 fricken dollars to ship this thing back to him.

Almost wasn’t worth my time, especially if all I get back was the $102.00 that I paid…

grrrrrr

Where is the ebay seller at, lets get your money back or something at of him.
I'm sure someone can find him.

Where is the ebay seller at, lets get your money back or something at of him.
I'm sure someone can find him.
Thanks for the offer. but like I said trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Trust me. if I knew for a fact the guy was just a jerk and totally did it on purpose. I would ask him for ALL money back including my shipping.

And if he didn't give it to me I have ways of inducing unpleasantness
biggrin.gif

I do have his address after all.

But I think I will just forget about it. Figure I will let God deal with him. if he is an ok guy then lesson learned by me and nothing will happen to him. If he did try and screw me. I will just step out of the way and let God deal with it. And he will

Anyway, not trying to bring religion into this. just my mind set. Live and learn. most definitely will not purchase anything from this person again.

Hopefully at least I will get my $102.00 back. But I will still be upside down. I will have spent $130.00 in shipping both ways lol (cough cough) hard to laugh when you have been kicked in the chest
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

That was not an oversight what he did is just plain wrong...I've had great deals but it's only been with members of this site...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124835920 -->

Looks like it was used as a brine tank for his water softener. Unbelievable that a relatively new gas tank can have that much rust. I'd expect that from a mid 60's Honda Dream that's been in storage for 3 decades.

And wtf is with UPS charging $86 bucks to ship a gas tank that only weighs a few pounds? Just for fun I went to the UPS site and calculated a shipment from IN. to CA., 15 lbs, 28X28X24 box. Ground is $109.89!!! Is this their way of dealing with the high fuel costs?
Now if you play around with the dimensions just a hair and change it to 28X28X23 it drops to $46 bucks...what a scam outfit!

My favorite is FedEx since they even deliver on Saturdays. Looks like they can do it for about $30 bucks, but if you add that extra 1" somewhere it goes over $80.00.

Back