Just Got An Email From The Org..

Ah, I dont think we sent it. Sounds like spam to me, I hope you didnt enter any private information.

No, I didn't enter any information. And the Email is from the Org. I'll PM it to you so you can have a look..

Has scam written all over it...or perhaps a 'puter virus.

Just because a person gets an' email from a sender doesn't mean the IP addys match up.

2-tone and the other mods should check into this,it may warrant a general warning to the membership.

I used to have to deal with this kind of thing occasionally when I was the admin.

RSD.

Yea, I received one as well, on July 9th. I didn't bother to click the link because I assumed it was bogus.....it says it's from help@hayabusa.org

Here's the text.....

Dear Poppy,

Your access to the paid subscription "Donating Member" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed
for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Hayabusa.oRg

Yea, I received one as well, on July 9th. I didn't bother to click the link because I assumed it was bogus.....it says it's from help@hayabusa.org

Here's the text.....

Dear Poppy,

Your access to the paid subscription "Donating Member" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed
for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Hayabusa.oRg

Yeah, mine said the same thing and from the same addy. Starting to look like some sort a mild hack job on the Org.

Did you guys both donate to the org back in the day? It might have set a time limit which is about to expire and nothing to click on because Doug doesn't take donations anymore. I would think if it was a scam it would ask for another "donation".

Did you guys both donate to the org back in the day? It might have set a time limit which is about to expire and nothing to click on because Doug doesn't take donations anymore. I would think if it was a scam it would ask for another "donation".

They both have "spinning balls" :laugh:
so yes,they are both donating members.

Good thought Charlie. You smart. :learn:

Rubb.

I did donate a coupla times some years back. Wondered about that too when the link just led back to the Org.

Defiantly something to look into but my "common sense" meter is telling me that this is nothing to worry about.

Rub,

I don't see any spinning balls from my phone. I know when I'm using a PC I can tell whose a donating member and who's not but from my phone using Forumrunner the site looks much different. 99% of the time on on my phone.

I did recall that site donations were a thing of the past and figured the message was inadvertently sent or spam/scam....

Are you guys emails public in the settings? If they are not it's probably not a hack but there is the possibility of someone trolling the threads looking for spinning balls.

I know that when I wanted to donate and Inquired about doing so, I was told that the ORG doesn't take Donations! :dunno:

I know this is old but I got the same email, I did donate but my balls are gone. I mean dang I got married years ago so now they've been taken off of me twice. :huh:

Back