Just got a GPS

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
I bought a new GPS last night for Carmen, Since the 16/42 gear change as you know, the speedo is way off. I didnt really want to get the speed healer or yellow box for a number of reasons.This was the alternative.I modified my sport cam mount to accomodate the gps, I'll get some pics up later of that.This thing rocks! Ever since I saw pics of robopti's gps,I want a gps with the full side view, so this was available now,it has a nice big color display and endless features! NJ.

GPSMAP 276C features

3.8-inch diagonal, 480 x 320 pixel, 256-color TFT screen with adjustable LED backlight
Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 3.2"H x 1.9"D
Adjustable marine mounting bracket
Stores up to 3,000 user waypoints, 50 reversible routes (300 waypoints per route)
10,000 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks
Rechargeable lithium battery offering 5-15 hours of use (depending on backlight settings)
WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
Adjustable quad helix receiving antenna with remote antenna capability
Built-in basemap with automatic routing and turn-by-turn directions
Accepts standard Garmin data cards and pre-programmed data cards
Provides separate serial and USB interfaces
2 NMEA serial ports
Offers BlueChart night mode for easier viewing at nighttime
Large numbers option for easy viewing
Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, User, and more
Provides a course deviation indicator when navigating
Project your position on the map with the configurable complex heading line
Built-in tide tables and celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
Alarms: anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, and clock
Water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for 30 minutes)

pt_GPSMAP276CSmall.jpg

Here it is on the bike,I'm trying it out tonight when its cooler.NJ.

GPS.JPG

What did the GPS and mount run ya? I have the same gear and it reads about 25mph faster at 100mph
so when I am going 100mph the speedo says 125mph

here it says
Garmin GPS MAP 276C

Item assembly: Imported
See estimated arrival date

List Price: $699.99
Our Price: $640.94

that's far from 550

here it says  
Garmin GPS MAP 276C

Item assembly: Imported
See estimated arrival date

List Price: $699.99
Our Price: $640.94

that's far from 550
I got mine for about $580 from gpscity.com. The 276C does not come with the detailed maps, only a base map. You'll really want a memory stick and City Select (in the US).

The car kit has a cable/speaker, mount, memory stick (128 meg) and City Select software for about $230.

total with Ram Mount and next day air, mine was about $900.00.

If you already own city select with another unit, you can add this (1 additional) for free to it by contacting Garmin.

By far the 276C is the best unit I have seen.

Just got back from our ride, the unit works flawlessly. Robopti had the right idea in his mount location, in my opinion,it should be as far forward as possible so you dont have to take your eyes off the road, the display is fantastic at night.Ive got to explore other options on the mounting location though.All in all, the unit is a great addition to an already fine piece of machinery.NJ.:)

Sweet deal,NJ
super.gif
.  You might want to re think  not getting the yellow box mod for recalibration.  Your mileage is going to be off if you dont correct your speedo to an close to accurate reading.  Personally I would be concerened about putting on the extra miles from an uncalibrated speedo (resale).

Sweet deal,NJ
super.gif
.  You might want to re think  not getting the yellow box mod for recalibration.  Your mileage is going to be off if you dont correct your speedo to an close to accurate reading.  Personally I would be concerened about putting on the extra miles from an uncalibrated speedo (resale).
No problem TY, dont have any plans of selling the bike,ever.

Sweet deal,NJ
super.gif
Thanx Rhythm... you beat me to it. He's absolutely correct!!

Back