just got a busa curoius 2 what it'll run

crawlinbusa1320

Registered
hey guy just got a 05 busa just curious on what time it should put down with a decent rider just lookin for a goal for next year here are the mods

05 busa
swingarm extenders 6inchs out
brocks alien head
power commander
mps air shifter
shinko
stock geared
air scoops
k&n
clutch kit
slammed in the back 1 " up front plan on runnin a strap

what u do guy think she'll run in the 1/4
rock.gif
??

mid 9's with a good rider
low 9's with a good light rider
high to low 10's with a newbie.

Hey I'm in Peoria and have a very similar setup. We'll have to meet up at Byron this year. It will be my first year on a busa also so maybe we can help each other out. There is a group from sh.org from Chicago area that goes to Byron also that I've gotten in touch with.

Here is my setup:
+6 over
full pipe/pc/small box mod
air shifter
will be slammed front/rear
and hopefully a revalved stock shock

I'm also 175 in gym clothes! I'm shooting for 9.75 first time out, then get down to the 9.25 range eventually.

Also, change your gearing for the track. I will be at -1/+2 maybe +3. Stock gearing will make it hard on your clutch for sure.

what other site??? that would be cool 2 meet up there i usally go 2 union grove but i hear byron lets u run in the 9's without messin wit u 2 much but i'm gonna try and get my nhra licensce do u have your?
rock.gif
also what style air shifter u runnin i just order the reg air mps tryin 2 figure out how 2 run a compressor motor 2 it i was hoping for mid 9's by the end of next season i've only dragged i'll 600's lol but there 2 slow so the busa is a big set up for me ,so i'm takin baby steps at the track next year lol

it all depends on your ability but I have almost the same set up and I run mid nines .I  weigh 220 lbs  so I am heavier so you can go faster but again it depends  on you but don't expect that on your first night. The more seat time you get the faster you'll be.

what other site???  that would be cool 2 meet up there i usally go 2 union grove but i hear byron lets u run in the 9's without messin wit u 2 much  but i'm gonna try and get my nhra licensce do u have your?
rock.gif
 also what style air shifter u runnin i just order the reg air mps   tryin 2 figure out how 2 run a compressor motor 2 it i was hoping for mid 9's by the end of next season  i've only dragged i'll 600's lol but there 2 slow  so the busa is a big set up for me ,so i'm takin baby steps at the track next year lol
suzukihayabusa.org

Byron is more lenient on the bikes for sure. Not sure if they require a license to run 9's or not.

I run a CO2 shifter so I don't have to worry about running out of shifts for quite awhile.

Some track time and you'll be in the mid 9's no problem.

Welcome to the best board on the internet!
beerchug.gif

Check out Cycle-Tek CO2 Shifter. There are not any nicer and can't beat the price and service.

You should run high 9s with that stock gearing with a decent rider thats not extemely heay. If you really want it too come alive at the track go with a 16/42 gears or 16/43. It will make a bit difference.

i have 15/43 right now but im switching to 16 or 17 even with my 15 tooth sprocket up front it was still fine on highway. i had to be in 6th gear sooner than most people. most people probably dont even use 6th gear though in normal highway traffic.

the 16 is how many teeth are on the front chain sprocket like on a ten speed bike     the 43 is the teeth count on the back.

the more teeth in the back the more torque your gonna feel like putting your ten speed in 1st for example. every tooth you go down in front is like going up 2 in the back.

a 16/43 will give you about a 173mph top speed

Back