Just Got A B King, Have Problem

semifastman

Registered
hello all, i bought an 08 b king like new with 2800 miles. had it a month,love it-until today. took a 6 mile ride turned it off for 10 minutes. would not turn over fast enoughto start. got a ride home and back to bike in an hour. started fine! drove it home and killedit it started again right away but the cooling fan came on for a minute. bike was not hot enough to require fan. turned it off and started it again, no problem, no fan. what gives, could it be the rectifier which i heard had a recall on it? would really appreciate any input. also i am new to this ssite. hope i posted in right place, also forgot to mention battery is new.

There was a recall on the B-Kings, mine was done a couple of years back.
(Rectifier) There is now a 2nd recall out on the same part, this is quite recently and very few have the latest part fitted.

hello all, i bought an 08 b king like new with 2800 miles. had it a month,love it-until today. took a 6 mile ride turned it off for 10 minutes. would not turn over fast enoughto start. got a ride home and back to bike in an hour. started fine! drove it home and killedit it started again right away but the cooling fan came on for a minute. bike was not hot enough to require fan. turned it off and started it again, no problem, no fan. what gives, could it be the rectifier which i heard had a recall on it? would really appreciate any input. also i am new to this ssite. hope i posted in right place, also forgot to mention battery is new.
You need a battery with more cranking amps. 2008 is the first year of gen2 suzuki must have forgotten to beef up the battery to go with the bigger engine. Schnitz sells a battery with 368cca thats twice the cranking amps of stock. Battery is $268.00 shipped

You need a battery with more cranking amps. 2008 is the first year of gen2 suzuki must have forgotten to beef up the battery to go with the bigger engine. Schnitz sells a battery with 368cca thats twice the cranking amps of stock. Battery is $268.00 shipped
3+ yr old thread, the problem will be probably fixed by now...hopefully...

Back