Just gonna leave this right here....

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Spent the better half of Tuesday night in to Wednesday morning getting it ironed out, but she ended up making good power while still spinning on the dyno. Video should be done in the next day or two.

19243BC6-2B7D-4E86-BCC2-1695F3577E23.jpg

Hopefully it is another satisfied customer...building and riding them is the fun of it

Hopefully it is another satisfied customer...building and riding them is the fun of it

Oh yeah he was. This bike is currently on it's way up to it's new home in Canada. This was destins 617hp bike that was in the magazine with mine. Previously it took 43psi to hit 617 which is pretty high. One of the things I ended up having to redue is degree the cams. They were not set for turbo. So for the bike to be spinning on the dyno at 30psi and still make that number shows that if it would of stuck the power down on the 35psi pull it would of been well over 600hp.

We also played with tires a bit to see how much power they take. Switching from a hook up to a p1 we picked up almost exactly 30hp. Keep that in mind next time you put your bike on a dyno, and your operator doesn't warn you ahead of time.

Vince30.jpg

you mean like this?

Awesome job Rob! Looking forward to seeing more projects coming out from ya!

That is pretty impressive...aside from just buying parts and bolting them on how long / hours / runs would it take for the engine to be pulled apart for rods / pistons / rings? Is there such a thing of a safe tune and something like that will last for 25K miles...not being beat up / high rpm every day?

That is pretty impressive...aside from just buying parts and bolting them on how long / hours / runs would it take for the engine to be pulled apart for rods / pistons / rings? Is there such a thing of a safe tune and something like that will last for 25K miles...not being beat up / high rpm every day?

A safe tune will keep you from melting pistons. Wear on engine parts is indicative of how much power, and how frequently you run it at those levels. I have just over 20k miles on my engine and it's never seen less then 300hp. That's countless passes at the drag strip, dyno runs, long stretched out highway pulls, and some casual riding. I am getting a little smoke on start up finally but I'm thinking it may be the turbo. Compression test still is ok, but reading a little low in one cyclinder. Still useable.

The biggest factor is the quality of parts used, and the attention to the assembly of the engine. Keep up the maintinance and use quality oil the mileage you could get out of one really has no limits. I maintain mine really well , but also thrash on it hard. Really hard. Just to see the limits. So that should give you some perspective of how long they can last.

Back