Just finished my turbo busa...

Ragu585

Registered
I just want to start off by saying thanks to frank@powerhouse, with out him this bike would have never been finished. The experience with powerhouse was awsome and I will definitely be going back! I highly recommend him to anyone looking to get work done even if you have to travel a little, it was a 14 hour round trip for me and I made that trip several times. The experience with powerhouse was awsome and I will definitely be going back! I started off with a stock 08 busa looking to build a drag bike. This is the out come....

Here is the mod list...I may have forgot a few things

Motor:
RCC stage 1 turbo kit w/ bov option
Wossner pistons
Adjustable cam sprockets
Ferrea stainless steel valves
ARP head studs
High volume oil pump gear
Head gasket
Base gasket
Schnitz HD clutch springs
Schnitz slave support
Welded clutch mod
2" oil pan w/ swivel pick up

Electronics:
MSBC1 Boost controller
PC5
PC secondary fuel module
PC map switch
Mps air shifter w/ killbox
Mps compressor
Mps compressor switch
AEM boost guage
AEM wideband
PMR barswitch
GM map sensor
Speedohealer
Fuse box
Fan mod

Suspension/Drivetrain:
Thompson extended swingarm +12" w/ air tank
Brocks straps
Brocks adjustable window links
Rc's performance tripple tree
Rc's performance rear break delete
EK 530 ZZZ chain
Vortex rear sprocket +3

Wheeels/Tires:
Carrozzeria Vtrack gold wheels
Pilot power front
Shinko hookup rear

Body:
Catalyst 1 piece upper
Airtech tail +10"
Paint- Black w/ gold pearl
Tiger racing undertail
Integrated smoked taillight

Misc:
Mps air lines, fittings, guages
Mps adjustable regulator
Tiger racing guage bracket
Morror block offs
Hid headlights

The motor work, tuning, and fixing my screw ups lol where all done by frank@powerhouse.

On to some dyno numbers

It made 313 hp on 16lbs of boost with C16

rmqiah.jpg

On Pump gas it made 254 hp on 8lbs of boost

View attachment 1551152

Im happy with the out come of this project. I went to the track fri night with a goal of just breaking 9's lol, I have never riden a bike this fast before. I made two 8 sec passes. Best time of 8.91@165. I was pretty happy with that for my first time out and im not a small guy either lol. Wish I hade more pics or vids to show, Ill try and post them as I get them.

That's an old pic right before the chain went on. I plan on doing the rear sets this winter. This build cost alot lol, but I'm happy with the end results.

I think my weight is going to hold me back from from a bigger MPH, but then again I still had the boost low on 1st and 2nd. I was nervous about spinning with 300 HP out of the hole lol. I was also only cutting 1.6 60'. I guess ill just have to wait and see.

Just curious what spacer gasket you used? I'm building my motor right now with wossner turbo pistons and all stock thickness gaskets. Are you using the wossner turbo pistons and a .080 spacer?

Just curious what spacer gasket you used? I'm building my motor right now with wossner turbo pistons and all stock thickness gaskets. Are you using the wossner turbo pistons and a .080 spacer?

Gen 2 Wossner Turbo pistons do NOT use a base spacer. The stock thickness base gasket is what is used.

Powerhouse

Looks great. Congrats! My Busa is at Powerhouse right now as well getting a similar buildup. Cant say enought GREAT things about Frank and his tech at Powerhouse. Lucky for me he's only an hour away but I can assure you I would have traveled accross the country knowing what I know now.

Frank is a class act and just a great guy that can be TRUSTED!!!! He is a true enthusiast and is the most knowledgeable Busa person I have ever met and owns some badass street bikes and race bikes himself. GL with ur bike. Gonna be a handful for sure. Looks badass!!!

Back