Just finished install

bigdr

Chief Guinness Taster
Donating Member
Registered
Well finally got it on the bike..No dramas want to try it out but guess what... It's raining...

You can see the difference in the bulbs.The new one comes with a dense foam packer to fill the gap when it sits in the socket.. the piece to the right with the little pins .chop it off . next to the right is the bubber seal to fit in after the bulb

Picture_005.jpg

The supplied plug is useless , pull the wires out and push them into your original plug

Picture_007.jpg

Then mount the boxes with the double sided tape supplied and some tie wraps

Picture_012.jpg

Thats pretty much it . Took about two hours , any problems give me a yell...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice install bigdr.  Looks sweet.  I actually followed Icemann's advice and mounted the little small black power supply on the top shelf area of the light assembly and the ballast velcroed to the right ram-air duct along with a vaccuum cleaner rubber band.

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120459072 -->

Nice install bigdr. Looks sweet. I actually followed Icemann's advice and mounted the little small black power supply on the top shelf area of the light assembly and the ballast velcroed to the right ram-air duct along with a vaccuum cleaner rubber band.
Thats just not good enough , go out right now and put them where I showed you..
biggrin.gif

That looks like it is a lot easier than I though it was. Was it a pain to get the nose off and on?
Taking it off was too easy , getting it back on , was a LITTLE bit tricky. But I would do it again now I know how.Just got to take your time and not force it on , it will pop on easy enough . Lining up the ram air tubes , the two mounting holes at the mirrors and the two push pins for the rubber grommets is a bit of a juggling act but just take your time...
I started at the bottom with the ram air tubes at the same time you can see the lower part of the fairing is in line.
Then spread the upper half to fit at the mirror locating pins and finally push the two locating pins into position , then it's just a reversal of the way you took the rest apart,,,,
idea3.gif

Who's a clever boy , eh ?

Who's a clever boy , eh ?
LMAO!! But seriously thank you for the great walk through, any before and after pix?
Gonna have to wait , As soon as I finished it started to piss rain.. there's a surprise ? I nipped out a while ago to see how bright it is in the dark and stupidly ( don't laugh ) looked into the light .
I'm still typing with my nose... Will post my views and pics later when my sight returns ..

Thats just not good enough , go out right now and put them where I showed you..
biggrin.gif
Bigdr,

Thanks for your photo's.  I used them yesterday fitting my own HID.

Bulb assembly is exactly the same as yours, although my ballast ignitor is a single unit.

Getting the front fairing off is child's play, getting it back on involved some real blood, real sweat and luckily no tears.  Eventually I gave up and took off both sides fairings as I was sure I was going to do more harm than good.

I got my HID from www.hids4u.co.uk, but purchased half of their 'Pilot' kit as I only needed one H7 to test.  Their 'motorcycle' kit was out of stock and more importantly not waterproof!

To be honest I was sceptical about the light output, but went ahead anyway.  I took about a hundred before and after shots with my camera set to manual so I was in control.

I'll add a typical before and after shot one I've posted this message, but remember these are just a comparison.  The actual light is something else and real.  (I've many more shots, (both darker and lighter), but these will prove nothing extra.)  The before and after shots ought to show the real worth of HID's.  The lights in the backgroudd are about half a mile away, so I can tell the exposures are similar with all the photo's I took by comparing those lights.

Never tried to add a picture before so if this works, this is the rear of my front fairing showing how I have mounted my 'box'.

Once again, looking at your own thread on where you mounted your HID boxes was a great help, so thanks a lot.

And it was raining as I did mine!  Does it always rain when you install HID's?

Steve - UK

Fitting.JPG

This is the light output of my original H7 dip beam.

The exposure is calibrated with the HID image that follows, but in real life the HID is like daylight in comparison to the H7 (Q-H). Just light comparing old fashioned tunsten bulbs to quartz halogen(Q-H) Even main beam looks yellow compared to the HID.

Photo's with longer exposure simply allowed street lighting to mask the before and after effect. How can you compare over-exposed with even more over-exposed? :-)

BTW HID temperature is 6000k

Steve

Before_H7.JPG

Back