Just dropped my week old busa HELP

TINMAN

Registered
After cleaning bike I was taking it of the stand when my kids rode into me on their bikes and then crash !

How much for the following -
New Suzuki Right hand can
New Suzuki Large plastic right hand side panel sprayed etc
bar ends

Please give seperate prices if poss to give me an idea. :sad:

Damn, Man...Sorry to hear, the slow speed tip overs are allmost worse...  Best advice would be to hang out here and check ebay...  Shouldn't be too hard...but won't neccessarily be inexpensive...  bummer man.

Next time use the kids to cushion the fall, they are resiliant...  :laugh:

Will try ebay for the end can but would like a brand new side panel to match and don't think I'll get one of those on EBay........

I dropped mine with 10 miles on it so I feel your pain, I scracked my stator cover and my miror has a few scraches on it and of course the can. I plan on replacing the mirror with carbon ones (which are cheaper than stock anyway) get a HMF exhaust and finally shell out the money for the new cover. I have seen all of these Items on ebay including the faring so good luck and keep looking.

Sorry about the incident...I know you're so aggravated...I'd think getting stock Suzuki exhaust might be fairly easy since so many swap them out almost immediately...I'm taking mine off soon and would offer them to you, but they got scratched up some in my multiple falls...I'm sure there's someone that's willing to sell you a can...

I've dropped my poor Caesar 3 times now...and managed to make the last drop on the opposite side as the first two! So, both sides have small scratches...I just figure I'll custom paint the bike one day anyway...

Good luck finding the parts you need...I know you won't be happy until she's just like new...

Im so pissed off - just can't stop thinking she is damaged - think it's looking good for the can although may be a good excuse for different cans :tounge:
but want to get the fairing brand new so if any one has bought one please let me know how much.

i paid 484 to my door for one got info from this site do a search. has guys phone # and all answers for you .the pain goe s away when new panel gets on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right side fairing or cowling will cost you about $575 unless you find a "body guy" for bikes then it will be half that. Got estimates and priced new one because I dropped mine after 1 month.

Do not pay a lot for those cans. Many people on this board have them sitting in their garages and would sell them very cheap ~$25 + shipping. I have some, but they may not be mint...minor scratches.

Many people have these because they switch to slip ons or full systems. Consider if you want to do this before you invest in cans.

sorry to hear that man,
Hey Va how did you drop that thing 3 times and are you ok, I am sorry i havce been away for a while. Hope your bike is ok both of you.

ya what Thinker said (regarding the pipe) , I'm in the middle of polishing mine right now or I would just give you one for free . Not to worry mate, someone will step up to the plate... or in your case , "In front of the wicket".

If you offer to pay shipping someone will mail you one I'm sure . Try that English Busa site too, they seemed like good blokes .

condolences.......RSD.

sorry to hear that man,
Hey Va how did you drop that thing 3 times and are you ok, I am sorry i havce been away for a while.  Hope your bike is ok both of you.
Busa's just a bit too tall for me I guess...it's been lowered now, but all 3 drops were just slow motion falls in my driveway...nothing serious, and no very noticable damage to the Busa...TONS of damage to my ego for fuggin' up a new bike, but I'm over it now...

Thanks for the help but 'Postal' is letting me have both cans for $50.00 which i think is a fair price for these ! the only problem is the postage charge to get them over the pond ( $77 ) but needs must.

The other major problem of the fairing has not been so easy - Have ordered a new one and in your money it's costing me $440.00 but should arrive tommorrow.

I'm just praying that I never drop it again :eek:

By the way after looking on EBay it does seem bits in the USA are cheaper than over here ( second hand that is ) must be lots more Busa owners over there. :tounge:

In all of my research on the Busa before buying, I'd say a huge Busa market exists in Australia...might want to check on some Aussie Hayabusa sights for parts in the future...you never know what you might find...

And it's great that Postal's giving you his...I checked my exhaust out last night after putting my new pipes on, and they're in great shape despite my 3 attempts to destroy the Busa in my driveway...hubby wanted top dollar for them if I sold them (I told him about you), but I just couldn't do that to you TINMAN...I'd give 'em to you, but then I'd have to hear crap from the hubby...glad Postal came through; I figured someone would...

In all of my research on the Busa before buying, I'd say a huge Busa market exists in Australia...might want to check on some Aussie Hayabusa sights for parts in the future...you never know what you might find...

And it's great that Postal's giving you his...I checked my exhaust out last night after putting my new pipes on, and they're in great shape despite my 3 attempts to destroy the Busa in my driveway...hubby wanted top dollar for them if I sold them (I told him about you), but I just couldn't do that to you TINMAN...I'd give 'em to you, but then I'd have to hear crap from the hubby...glad Postal came through; I figured someone would...
Va Busa, Thanks for the support and yeah it's great that Postal has offered his help - must have e-mailed each other about 50 times now and he still does not seem to get anoyed about me bothering him all the time. Anyway if things go well I'll have my new panel tommorrow and the cans off Postal next week. Also I will have a spare just in case I follow in your footsteps and do the other side :D

WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE WITHOUT THIS SITE, it's like being part of a world wide family :tounge:

Tinman - where did you find a brand new fairing for $440? I need a new right side fairing too after dropping my Busa yesterday (not bad at all but I am a perfectionist) and need a new one. Thanks! :D

Think about going through your insurance. It might be cheaper just to eat the deductable and have the insurance buy the parts.

"Just file a claim that you came out of the store and the bike was on it's side" <= Not user error, no surcharge!

I am not advocating dishonestly but the accident wasn't really your fault. If you filed the claim saying your kids knocked it over they will probaly still hold you liable => Surcharge!

Just food for thought :super:

PS- just saw you were from england, not sure how the whole insurance deal works there, but here in Massachusetts you can't even look at the road without having insurance.

Back