Just dropped my beautiful Busa...

Just happened to me today, I went to get off and the bike started going down with my right leg about to swing over....trapped my left foot under the stator cover and held it up my best while tring to get my foot out....Damages were minimal considering....broken clutch lever and some minor scratches.....my left shin is really screwed up, bruised and cut up....could have been a lot worse I guess.

Bike is brand new, 2 weeks old.....and I've had a few close calls with this, and am still very careful....but it got my today....saw a company that had made new kickstands for $119 http://www.philtechcycles.com/kickstands.htm....I am definitely going this route.......but why hasn't there been a recall.....we need to get a group together, this is not just carelessness on our parts it is a design flaw....I've had many bikes b4 and always park in the same places, and never had a problem like this.......

Guys,

Some one up in the thread mentioned a class action suit and that a 500 lbs bike falling on a child could be deadly. I'll bet if the "legals" at Suzuki were threathened with this they would come up with a fix and a "recall" to fix the problem under warranty.

K Sheldon

Back