just did my dyno

blas32

Registered
On a dyno 250 I got 170.3 rwhp and 100.8 torque after my custom map. Before the map I got 166.7 rwhp and 98.2 torque. This is with Akra. Evo., BMC race, and PC3r and PAIR sucker mod.- no small air box mod. The guy that did the map said the small air box mod wasn't a good idea. Bike runs great especially down low. Air fuel was at about 13.5. Hope you can read the dyno sheet.

dyno_250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The same day I got my map on the dyno my friend with the 02 ZX12r made a couple of dyno runs. He made a modified under tail exhaust and wanted to see where he was. 175 rwhp and 95 torque and his air/fuel was a little off. He should be good competition for the Busa! I will post some pictures of his exhaust when he is finished...looks pretty cool.

dyno_zx12.jpg

Great numbers!.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I have a very similar set up. In addition I removed the base gasket, milled the head .010 and cleaned it up while I had it off, put in a second stock intake cam in and wola 195.1 on pump gas, and 203 on Nutec an 110 ftlbs of torque.

DYNO.jpg

beerchug.gif

Yes, I am running two intake cams. The base gasket I removed is .010 and the head was milled .010. I haven't done a compression check, but an educated guess with where my cams are set is 12:1. This thing still runs great on pump gas, and starts with no troubles.

Stock is 10.5:1. I have heard of guys milling .025 off. This starts causing starting problems (having to wire second battery for 24v starter circuit) and having to run race gas.
I guess that is a trade off for power I am not willing to make. I ride this bike a lot.

Yes, I am running two intake cams.  The base gasket I removed is .010 and the head was milled .010.  I haven't done a compression check, but an educated guess with where my cams are set is 12:1.  This thing still runs great on pump gas, and starts with no troubles.
I need to do this then. I am installing the Akro race and doing the small box mod at the first service. How much was the cam and milling the head?

Milling the head is only about $50 if you take it apart and put it together yourself.

Good head work is another story. That will cost you between $500 and $700. CAUTION lots of people sey they know what they are doing. Few get these kind of results. Make sure a flowbench is used. NO EXCEPTIONS The guy I use is backed up about two months.

An intake cam is about $175 from Suzuki. If you are lucky like I was you might have a buddy putting in drop in cams and get it for far less.

Just my openion but the Brock pipe is better. (not as pretty) His support and mapping is worth it's price. $899. to your door and he will give you the map for your mods.

My buddy has the Acro pipe and lost power. I love teasing him. He ownes a shop, and spent $300 more He has the pipe Pc3 and a 40 shot of NoS. I run away from him on a roll on like he is standing still and he is 30 lbs lighter.
jump9.gif

Sounds like you got great results. You said you have no problems getting it started. No detnation problems?

I got the Akro pipe for $800 plus shipping. I have never heard of anyone loosing power with the Akro. I just need the PC3r and custom map. I can get the cam at dealer cost. I have a machine shop up here that has flow bench and the like. That is pretty cheap. I didn't hear you say you flowed the heads. What do you flow now vs. stock?

No detnation. The bike starts and runs like a new bike on sterroids. I don't know to much about heads. I know a couple of guys that are very fast from Indianaplis with the same set up. It only makes since to trust their head work guy.

$800 for a full race ACRO race pipe. Is that the Titanieum one?

Please allow me to do a little free advertising for a good friend of mine Jodi Bannett as Sport cycle center is the one that lost power on his 1000 with the ACRO pipe. www.sportcyclecenter.com I love giving him S*#t about it.

Back