Just bought an 08 hayabusa, looking for ideas for exhaust mods.

justindwright

Registered
DSC00247.jpg

Just picked this up. I have heard of people cutting the cans down on the 1st gen bikes. Anyone do it on the 2nd gen factory mufflers?

Thanks,
Justin

Welcome to the board and congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love it:thumbsup:

Brocks Alien Head is the only way to go for exhaust in my opinion. I might be a little bias since I have it on my 09':laugh:

I'm pretty sure I've seen that mod on a Gen II. Go see if I can find it.

What are you looking for ? Looks, performance, sound, weight reduction ......

Hey, that's my bike!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you like the Yosh, here is the R-77's. Bunch of us have versions of this pipe.

Dsc04272_100.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Dsc04253_800.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

Dsc04272_100.jpg

Dsc04253_800.jpg

Ive done the done the GENII stock can mod removed 9"... I liked it sounded deeper!! It is hard to cut through the inner baffle material I wouldnt try it if you dont have a power saw such as a sawzall and expect to go through some blades.. The overall result was what I was looking for. Deeper sound and better look over OEM.. I wound up spending almost 1200 bucks on a 4-2-1 Akrapovic.. The difference was a whole different feeling bike weight and power, but I understand not everyone has 1200 bucks laying around to throw on there bike..

Picture 006.jpg

:welcome: to the org. It depends on how much cash you have to mod the pipes. If you only have a few buck then shorten the stockers. If you have a few hundred to toss around you can find a nice set of slip on's. The best option is of course a full system but they will cost from $700-$1200 depending on what you get. Brocks seems to be the most popular.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am mainly looking to improve looks for now, I don't mind the bike being so quiet. LOL. I always end up upgrading the exhaust on my machines though. I will cut them down like lankeeyankee did. This winter or spring I may have the extra cash for the brocks system laying around, so it is definitely an option.

I rode this thing 35 miles home from meeting the seller, and it was windy as all hell, yet this thing rode perfect! There were gusts of 20-30mph at times. 70mph feels like you are standing still :-).

I will update the thread with pics once I do this. Any other cheap mods I can do in the mean time?

:welcome: to the org.

looks wise : dump the oem mirrors and get some gsxr 1000 mirrors much better and not as bulky looking. Get some DDM hid light setup. dump the reflrectors.. get rid fot eh tag holder and go with something way less bukly and ugly looking.. :lol: you can always power coat ur pegs and rear sets to match the frame.. I did it and love it.. or you can go gold to match your wheels.. if you got a matchign hump with it you can do the hump mod.. and also a trash can mod for even more storage space uder the seat. just a few of the top of my head.. but there's so much you can do... GL :thumbsup:

Back