Just bought an 01' Busa and wanted to intro myself

BurbankBusaBoy

Registered
<span style='color:blue'></span>Hey guys! I just bought my first Busa monday night and im super happy with it so far! Besides the flickability loss comming off a 1000cc super bike i love it. I decided i wanted a bike that i could take on longer trips and take my girl for long rides up to central cali. I got an 01' Silver & Black Busa with 7000 original miles out of Riverside CA. The bike purrs like a kitten and i can tell from tire wear that it was rode like a pussy cat for the most part. It still has the original tires though the rear is close to needing replacment. Plus since the previous owner did so much freeway riding the tire isnt round anymore and so it feels a little strange in courners. The bike is bone STOCK with the exception of a zero grav wind screen and a tank bra. The first thing id like to do is an undertail kit which acts as turn sigs,brake,and running lights all in LED. Hot bodies makes a nice kit but im not crazy about the two circle style. Plus ive heard these style tail sigs are not easy to read for whoever might be behind u. Ive been through the ebay stuff and i kinda like the four circle set up since it may be easyier to read...I really dont want to sacrafice safety or visability for style. I also want the plate mount to be right out there under the tail light so the cops dont sweat me too much, i just wanna see that big beautiful fat tire and the stock fender is gettin in my way of that. Ive seen people mount their plates in front of the rear tire inside the fender where u totally cant see it...i could barely afford this bike cause of insurance and i need to not get noticed "by COPS" or get tickets so i want something a cop wont pull me over for. What are u guys running and of course price is always a factor. As far as performance mods im happy with the current performance.....its faster then my old gsxr so ill wait a bit on that stuff =). Anything specific with the CA model 01' Busa i should know? Any easy restrictions i can remove? Id also like to get some LED clear front sigs, anyone know a good scource on these? Also anything at 7000 miles that i should give special attention? Also id love to hook up with some fellow busa guys in the LA area....Ive been riding my whole life on and off road and am a fairly accomplished mechanic and metal worker. My names Mike, Im 26 from Burbank, CA....Im looking forward to getting to know you all......-Mike

Well, you could've gotten a faster color. Other than that, good on ya!

wink.gif

--Wag--

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board! Post up pics of your bike for us to see. <a href="http://www.clearalternatives.com">Clear Alternatives<a> makes LED front turn signals, as well as, a taillight/turn signal integrated light in stock form. Most undertails will cost you between $200 and $300 and lots go with the TopGun, UFO or MotorHead versions. I've got the TopGun and love it. My license plate is mounted on the swingarm, you can take the stock license plate bracket and attach it to most undertail brackets. Do a search for 'undertails' and you will find more info than you probably want.

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your new bike
beerchug.gif

...lets see some pics mate

Welcome Aboard, I'm also in Los Angeles so you know we definately have to hook up Bro.

If you want to recover some of the "flickability" you lost, Put on a set of Michelin Pilot Powers. You'll thank me... Welcome aboard!
As for the undertail, go with something with a LOT of LED's in it. I mounted my license plate on the swingarm and have had no adverse reactions for any LE personnel.

Point taken mooses, im thinkin since this things still got the original rubbers on it and the guy i bought it from did nothing but freeway riding, the tire just wore flat and it feels like im riding with a drag slick rear =)....I got like 500 miles left on this rear so a new tire im sure will give it some more of that smooth flickability back.  When i picked the bike up the rear had a good inch and a half on both sides of virgin rubber nipples and all.  Maybe ill do some burnouts this week and get a new tire for this comming weekend =)...Im lookin forward to the rides with u guys!  I can only imagine how flippin mean a pack of busas must sound rolling down the highway...P.S. Pics will come soon....im working on some stuff and adding some toys...u have all seen a stock busa so i dont wanna unvail it till i got something worth a gander...i got the clear alternatives front LED sig's in crystal clear.  Its a good product all and all, its got two sockets so if u want running lights u can make that happen.  Its a little chromey when u get it out of the box and i was worried it would look a little cheep but once I got it on the bike it really matches the reflectivness of the headlight....the more i look at them the more i like them...as far as them being good  markers welllllll, to me they dont seem as bright as the oem stuff but they are more then adiquit esp at night.  The biggest thing with LEDS is that they are very directional and this set up is kind of at an angle so people have a better side view of u.  During the middle of the day looking st8 at it across an intersection prob wont be extreamly noticable but at night it shouldnt be a problem.  Got'em off ebay for 80 bux and they were here ina day......if u want the sellers name PM me......Mike

<!--EDIT|BurbankBusaBoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125814550 -->

Back