Just Bought a ZX-1400

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Got-Busa? @ Feb. 27 2008 said:
1311625[/ATTACH] AM]
I hope you've got some mods...  
cool.gif
Displacement is no replacement for ability.  I'd be willing to bet that there are members here who could get on a 600 and smoke my Busa on 1/4 mile.
Not stock to stock unless you let them, 1/8 mile yes.
Maybe I shouldnt have used me as an example
whistling.gif
My point though, it doesnt matter how fast a bike is if you dont know how to ride it.
winkold.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

hey im in that generation too. well i guess some of us Y generation guys know better. so ya i got the ok from the Doctor to ride so let me know when you guys go out and i'll have to tag along.

Is he an experienced rider? Don't go out there and get him killed.
It sounds like if he's not experienced he's going to feel the group ride "pressure" to keep up or look the fool
wowold.gif
wowold.gif
wowold.gif

I knew a nice kid that wanted to do a group ride with us....I called him up mid week to see if the weekend ride was still on, he said he couldn't make it because he'd been out "practicing" for the ride on a local road and crashed, and was now paralyzed from the arms down
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif

I was almost too shocked to respond. Then his girlfriend left him, and he had to move back in with his parents. One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. The thing was our group rides weren't like that...he was just a new rider who assumed all group rides were nothing but ego matches, when in reality we were a bunch of mellower riders who just liked to have some safe fun. Plus I usually tagged along with the slower/newer riders in back to keep them outta trouble
winkold.gif
I'm soo glad I'm alittle older and wiser now and don't need the ego games...sometimes young sucks
sad.gif
Like Wizard said somebody should always watch out for the new guys in a group...no reason to throw them to the wolves........

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

He is a Novice Rider who Now owns a ZX-1400. Also he is the Future Husband of my Niece. Everyone that has ever Ridden with me Know I am Most Likely the Slowest Rider in a Group. Except for Long Straight-Aways (Right Gene/-V-Max-To-Busa)

I will Stay with him and Hopefully Teach Him what Little I know...... Hopefully He will Develop into a Mature Good Rider and understand like I do that a "Man's Gotta know His Limitations"
bowdown.gif

He is a Novice Rider who Now owns a ZX-1400. Also he is the Future Husband of my Niece.  Everyone that has ever Ridden with me Know I am Most Likely the Slowest Rider in a Group. Except for Long Straight-Aways (Right Gene/-V-Max-To-Busa)

I will Stay with him and Hopefully Teach Him what Little I know......  Hopefully He will Develop into a Mature Good Rider and understand like I do that a "Man's Gotta know His Limitations"  
bowdown.gif
Good for you Boss. Good looking out.
thumb_up.gif

Good for you on being a responsible Uncle BossHound!
I'm just glad his pants fit around his waist. Man, I HATE that.
guns.gif

He is a Novice Rider who Now owns a ZX-1400. Also he is the Future Husband of my Niece.  Everyone that has ever Ridden with me Know I am Most Likely the Slowest Rider in a Group. Except for Long Straight-Aways (Right Gene/-V-Max-To-Busa)

I will Stay with him and Hopefully Teach Him what Little I know......  Hopefully He will Develop into a Mature Good Rider and understand like I do that a "Man's Gotta know His Limitations"  
bowdown.gif
Make sure he understands when it is ok to act a fool and when it is time to be very, very responsible...because your neice will be on the back of the bike sometimes.

guns.gif
When I get just a little older I'm going to sag my depends!
laugh.gif
Good on you Boss to help the young guy learn how to ride. Hope you have given him some direction on GEAR!
ThumbsUp.gif

guns.gif
When I get just a little older I'm going to sag my depends!
laugh.gif
 Good on you Boss to help the young guy learn how to ride. Hope you have given him some direction on GEAR!
ThumbsUp.gif
Just keep eating that greenery Hal, age really won't have much to do with where the depends hang...
fart.gif

flush.gif

I like keeping the rookies out front.. you can see whats going to happen if it does.. if they are behind you your looking in the mirrors to much.. waiting to get Hit from behind.. seen it happen a few times..

No it's not what you think. My Niece's Boyfriend has been Eyeing my BUSA for a Long Time. Just came home with a New ZX-1400
wowold.gif

Looks like I am going to have to Teach Junior a Lesson  
spank.gif

corner2.png

I told him that He can Ride with us during our Next BUSA Run.  
clap.gif
He can ride in the back
bluegrab.gif

Back