just bought a used 2008 buss mods?

Steelers1074

Registered
i just faded my k7 1k for a 2008 orange and black busa it has slip on yoshi exhausts. I had the dealer set up the from forks and rear shock for my weight 275lbs. Im ready to start modding it i wanna take the yoshis off and put on a brocks short meg 2 full system, bmc filter, and bazzaz with quick shift auto tune and traction control what do y'all think? By the way this is a great forum and everyone seems like they give great info thanks so much guys:laugh:

I would say tune trough the ecu. Save a lot of money compared to bazzaz. That's just my opinion.

Welcome to the site:beerchug:

Unleash that ECU. Some tuners use the ECU and some will require a PC. Great exhaust.

Congrats on the new Bike,, but like said, ECU reflash.

Hit up Smithabusa, he has any thing you need to reflash, and log and tune!

I considered doing an ecu flash using either the woolich racing log box or the boost by smith edu editor both seem fairly complicated though

Me personally would let a reputable tuner get into the ecu. Like do3 said tho some tuners just tune with the ecu and some use the ecu and bazazz, pc. I would also gear the bike to your riding style. There's a good gear chart somewhere on this forum I think..If not just Google it. Also an airbox mod and pair valve rmoval. If you're not familiar again just Google it. Unless your doing motor work the small airbox mod is the way to go...it does add some power. Brocks has an article on the airbox mod with the benefits of doing this. I've also dropped as much weight as I can on mine ie. Lithium battery, subframe swap, valve removal. Upgrade your braking system with some good pads and steel brake lines for starters and if you want to go further upgrade the rotors also. And stretching her out is an option depending on you're riding style and purpose. Hid headlights...love mine. These are a few beneficial mods I've done on mine. Finally best mod...road time perfecting you're riding skills. No matter if you've got 2 years or 20 years under the belt always room for improvement. I like to say I become 1 with my bird like Avatar..lol.

Ok I've said enough....:welcome:

At that age ignore the "go faster" brigade and get the suspension sorted... freshen it up (its 6 years old) get a cartridge kit / revalve etc... then make it faster.

Steelers if you're looking for a tune and are in the Omaha area there are two places I know of. RPM on 108th and K and All Seasons Motorsports in Bellevue. Rpm is a little more experienced with their builds. They are working on a few Busas right now.

all seasons motorsports in bellveu in nebraska does not do ecu tunes. They only use old school power commander stuff. RPM is on 8410 k omaha nebraska and they do the ecu tuning. Mine is going in hopefully this evening if not tomorrow.

Me personally would let a reputable tuner get into the ecu. Like do3 said tho some tuners just tune with the ecu and some use the ecu and bazazz, pc. I would also gear the bike to your riding style. There's a good gear chart somewhere on this forum I think..If not just Google it. Also an airbox mod and pair valve rmoval. If you're not familiar again just Google it. Unless your doing motor work the small airbox mod is the way to go...it does add some power. Brocks has an article on the airbox mod with the benefits of doing this. I've also dropped as much weight as I can on mine ie. Lithium battery, subframe swap, valve removal. Upgrade your braking system with some good pads and steel brake lines for starters and if you want to go further upgrade the rotors also. And stretching her out is an option depending on you're riding style and purpose. Hid headlights...love mine. These are a few beneficial mods I've done on mine. Finally best mod...road time perfecting you're riding skills. No matter if you've got 2 years or 20 years under the belt always room for improvement. I like to say I become 1 with my bird like Avatar..lol.

Ok I've said enough....:welcome:

There is no gen2 airbox mod.:beerchug:

Back