Just bought a 2005 Busa NOW WHAT

dgmontoya

Registered
I just bought a 2005 and she already has yosh slip ons and bar risers on her. i want ot remove the rear grab bar and put on an under tail. what under tails do you recommend and what other simple mods can i do in my garage. i want to do a power commander or something but don't know if it has one already and if not which one to use. i used to ride a R1 so this is my first FI bike and Suzukui. Any suggestions will help. I am not a rookie wrench turner either. have built many race cars, quads, dirt bikes and others so i am not afraid to get my hands dirty, i just need some guidance as to where to start Thanks in advance

PS - are the braided brake lines stock or are they part of the bar riser kit

got any pictures? Welcome to the board! If you have a power commander, it is probably inside the trunk.

New windscreen
H.I.D. headlight
Tobin seat
Muzzy fan blade
After market chain/sprockets
remove reflectors and warning stickers if they are still there.

b.jpg

Looks good. Take those reflectors off asap! It would help if you resize your pics also.

I know I know all the cheese is coming off when i do the grab bar and lil crap like that. i knew you guys would call me on that. there is nothing in the truck i am assuming there is no commander. also how do i tell if it is a full exhaust or just slip ons. is there a major diff between stock and after market that i can see with out pulling plastics

are there any lil bugs or quirks i need to look for also

Welcome to the addiction!
thumb_up.gif
I'm willing to bet those are bolt-on Yosh cans, I have the same ones on mine. In most cases if you have a full system there would probally be a Pwr, Commander or equivalent installed. Very nice looking Busa, ride safe.

If it was a full yosh exhaust, there would be only one can. Slip-on's are the mid-pipe back and bolt-on's are just the cans that bolt onto the stock mid-pipe. Those are bolt-on's. They really just change the tone of the exhaust and don't add any real power. Most of the bugs were fixed in the 03 and newer models.

ok all you have to do is put gas in and ride wait till winter to do all the mods get used to the the thing then let the list start

cool.gif

She looks awesome brutha... If she runs good, don't do anything but ride the heck out of her.. Don't worry about a PC unless you go full system with her.. If she feels a little bit cramped you can always do the Buell peg mod which will stretch your legs out about another 2".. If you have braided lines those are aftermarket so you are set there.. A lot of guy's go with an aftermarket windscreen as well for a little more wind protection, or just a look that they like better than stock.. Just start scanning the site and check out all the mods to see what you like !!!
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

I just bought a 2005 and she already has yosh slip ons and bar risers on her.  i want ot remove the rear grab bar and put on an under tail.  what under tails do you recommend and what other simple mods can i do in my garage.  i want to do a power commander or something but don't know if it has one already and if not which one to use.  i used to ride a R1 so this is my first FI bike and Suzukui.  Any suggestions will help.  I am not a rookie wrench turner either.  have built  many race cars, quads, dirt bikes and others so i am not afraid to get my hands dirty, i just need some guidance as to where to start  Thanks in advance

PS - are the braided brake lines stock or are they part of the bar riser kit
If I was you I'd think I'd try and squeeze in some time for riding between mods. Mods are cool....but so is riding
winkold.gif
It already has a few things done, why not ride it a little before parking it directly in the garage and tearing it apart?

Welcome to the oRg. Agreed with what others stated about the PC. You dont really need it unless you switch to full exhaust. If you do get one, be sure and have it tuned for best performance. Since you have stainless lines, your go to go and may want to inspect the brake pads for wear, and when you do replace, try Galfer or EBC HH pads. Have fun, enjoy the ride, your bike is just like mine.
beerchug.gif

caps_house_omar_042.jpg

well i rode here to work today and is was awesome. damn i miss ridingit waS an absoulte blast. i did notice whe i was riding next to a F***ing honda hybrid this morinig in traffic its speedo read 50 and mine almost 55. whats the stock gearing on an 05 and is the speedo mod that lil correction device they sell?

Its called a speedohealer, but I do not have any personal expirience with them.

welcome.gif
to the board...like others have said, get on and ride for a bit...you will begin to find what you do/do not like about the way she is set up and can then go to modding it out to make her the way you want...most importantly, have fun and be safe
beerchug.gif

Back