Just Back from Central California

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Wow!

Well, two friends and I left Friday morning for San Luis Obispo. We went up through LA to the 101 then hit the 166 at Ventura. It's an amazing road; we got to the 33, then headed west to the coast...by this time, it's getting later, so we headed up 101 to San Luis Obispo and checked into our hotel.

On Saturday, a group of about 70 of us went to the James Dean Memorial then the three of us broke off from the group and went off on our own. We hit some amazing roads and just tore it up. It was amazing. The weather was perfect for riding and the roads were generally clean and free of debris.

At one point, some cowfolk were herding cattle across the road, so we shut our engines off and watched that for awhile, waved to our single horse-power friends and went on our way.

The scenery was presumably nice, as it generally is in Cali, but we didn't have much time to enjoy it.

I have a couple of stretches of amazing video from some smokin' twisties, which I'll process and share with you as soon as time permits.

We traveled just under 1,000 miles. My '08 has now only a handful of miles short of 13,000.

I could do that every weekend.

Pics and video to follow...

cool.gif

Back