Just another lightning thread.... From my driveway tonight..

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just a small thunderstorm in Ok..

KNG_3739.jpg

KNG_3964.jpg

KNG_3978.jpg

KNG_3984.jpg

KNG_3988.jpg

KNG_3995.jpg

KNG_4001.jpg

KNG_4006.jpg

KNG_4014.jpg

KNG_4019.jpg

KNG_3739.jpg

KNG_3964.jpg

KNG_3978.jpg

KNG_3984.jpg

KNG_3988.jpg

KNG_3995.jpg

KNG_4001.jpg

KNG_4006.jpg

KNG_4014.jpg

KNG_4019.jpg

Very nice!!

If I may ask, what ISO setting, I guess lens is wide open around f1.2 and leave the lens open long enough to get the strike?

How in the world do you catch those shots Doug? Something special on your camera or just fast index finger. Inquiring minds need to know.

You mind sharing any of these original files? I'd really like to print a couple of them on my big digital printer....

Some great pictures!

I know you have been asked before...but, if you don't mind being asked again what camera do you use?

I am looking for a new digital camera and am also looking for one that may print wireless to a printer without needing to go through a PC.

Most of what I have looked at have Wifi on the lower end models but not the nicer models. I've not seen one yet that the salesman says it can actually print wireless directly to a printer but I know they are out there per Google.

Any ideas?

How does the bad weather / bolt of energy affect you solar / wind turbine array? Is it protected or could it get damaged?

ford.jpg

what camera do you use?
Nikon D300s F-3.5, ISO 200... Wireless remote trigger

How does the bad weather / bolt of energy affect you solar / wind turbine array? Is it protected or could it get damaged?
Nothing is going to really protect you from a direct strike I don't think... BUT all of the panels are grounded to earth ground and I have a lightning arrestor on the solar array and the wind turbine... The best thing is to just have insurance on it all, my homeowners went up 13.00 a month to add 30k in coverage...

Nice pics ! if we had lightning like that here we'd be on fire all the time

Nice. Some of those remind me of the movie "Independence Day". Thanks for sharing.

Back