Just a thought on the whole raffle thingy

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Just thinking about it how exactly are the prizes picked....I only ask because I would think it would be cool to let the person that won that last raffle pick the next one.....

And no I am not just saying that because I won the last one or anything....I think it would be cool to get more of the board involved in the raffle process.

Maybe to a certain extent anyways. Maybe set up a schedule as far as so many 50-100 dollar items for each month, 100-300 for each month and so on and so forth so just people don't miss out on them because some of the smaller raffles only last a lil while and there is always people posting saying "Damn I missed another one".

I am in my improvement mode again sorry.

What do you guys think. I am sure if we all decide this then Captain will too.....or am I being a jackass???

Sounds good to me I want to win also
jump9.gif

My guess, it wont be tried. The winners are picked using a state lotto system in order to keep things above board and honest.
There would be to many variables involved by letting a human choose the prize winners. You need to contact the chooser,they might be on holiday,or unreachable,sometimes the winners are new to the board(wouldn't have an interest in that) blah blah blah. The cap is a pretty smart fellow,I think he has it wired the best way now.

RSD.

Rsd,

I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I am totally for the whole state lotto system...that is perfect and it works great.

What I mean is the picking of the actual prizes that are being raffled off. Like if i was allowed to choose because I won the last one I would pick the Sportvue MC2 Heads up display to be raffled off next

My guess, it wont be tried. The winners are picked using a state lotto system in order to keep things above board and honest.
There would be to many variables involved by letting a human choose the prize winners. You need to contact the chooser,they might be on holiday,or unreachable,sometimes the winners are new to the board(wouldn't have an interest in that)  blah blah blah. The cap is a pretty smart fellow,I think he has it wired the best way now.

RSD.
Hey Bonehead

He just wants to pick the prize for the next raffle
face7.gif

I think raffle prizes are donated or discounted to the board. So what gets raffled is more determined by the buisnesses that donate/discount to the board.

That's a guess, maybe the prizes are bought at full price
rock.gif

There would be to many variables involved by letting a human choose the prize winners. You need to contact the chooser,they might be on holiday,or unreachable,sometimes the winners are new to the board(wouldn't have an interest in that)  blah blah blah. The cap is a pretty smart fellow,I think he has it wired the best way now.

RSD.
Hey Bonehead

He just wants to pick the prize for the next raffle  
face7.gif
aaahhh I see. Sometimes I need to be yelled at to fully comprehend.
biggrin.gif

Prizes are sometimes offered up by sponsers at a discount. Sometimes a goodguy boardmember like Rev or Jester etc will get a deal for us...if the prize chooser selected something that the Captain felt was easily obtainable,yer idea just might float. The Cap also tries to select prizes that will have fast ticket sales too,so that the members don't get bored sittin' around waiting for the last few tickets to sell .Prize tickets usually sell fast when its something eveybody needs...like tires,or chain n' sprocket sets. Everyone needs those. Choosing an odd looking helmet, or a rainsuit, etc wont generate enuff interest to sell enuff tickets to even pay for the product. In the end, its the Captains ship.

but good luck with yer idea. RSD.

Back