Just a little snippette of reality finally getting some national attention.

Point being? I see it all the time. I speed also, often. They just have better credentials getting them out of any repercussion.

Just another negative spot towards LEO's making a thankless difficult job even more so.

I do think there is a need for some exposure for LEO's like this. They are human as well and make bad judgement calls at times just like the rest of us. Do I think they should be fired and put on the news? Well, that depends on the circumstances of the violation.

I don't see any problem with the link posted by TallTom, but there is no need for the sarcasm when relaying the link/information that we as common citizens may have an obligation to report LEO's breaking the law.

I have no problems with cops getting citations for breaking the law.

The female cop that gave the citation to the cop in Fla. got how much grief by other cops? And besides another cop, who will give out these citations?

How many citations were issued? Maybe I missed it, but I only saw one citation issued by the Fla cop who got her life threatened as a result.

All we heard in the end was some position of authority saying, we will investigate it.

I hope ABC does a follow-up, or perhaps let the governor of the state(s) decide how much interest they may have in investigating.

COPS are expected to abide by the same laws we are.

As in the Oath they take:

On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community, and the agency I serve.

If its OK for them to speed, its OK for us to speed.

Thanks Tall Tom, I'm guilty from time to time, running late for work or late for court. I need to do better. Understand there's times when I'm going to a call. I've had people follow me to calls before, and no we don't have any doughnut shops :laugh:

Thanks Tall Tom, I'm guilty from time to time, running late for work or late for court. I need to do better. Understand there's times when I'm going to a call. I've had people follow me to calls before, and no we don't have any doughnut shops :laugh:

No problem in the line of duty. Going to a call we would see lights and sirens and completely get you were doing what your job required. I'd expect you to be getting there as quickly as possible. Completely expected and no issues.

Now then if you hit the lights, just to cut a traffic line or a traffic light, and then flip them back off. That never happens though.......does it.

Being late for work is an excuse many of us have, when we are getting that ticket issued. Accompanied by the lecture about leaving earlier and endangering the lives of others because we are going to be a few minutes late to work.

I have seen actions as you described in the past, but then again I have seen actions in the military that I would not commit myself. There are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch, that is simply human nature. I blame the person, not the organization or affiliation they may have.

I have seen actions as you described in the past, but then again I have seen actions in the military that I would not commit myself. There are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch, that is simply human nature. I blame the person, not the organization or affiliation they may have.

True enough. However the ORGANIZATION has the responsibility to modify the behavior of the individual that doesn't represent that organization's standards. If they don't, then they condone and promote further dis-service and poor public image.

I don't know how the military is today. But when I was in, if you acted inappropriately, whether in the civilian or military community, you were disciplined. Bounced checks, drunk and disorderly, etc etc etc., all were court martial actions. And we as individuals knew the standards expected of us.

No problem in the line of duty. Going to a call we would see lights and sirens and completely get you were doing what your job required. I'd expect you to be getting there as quickly as possible. Completely expected and no issues.

Now then if you hit the lights, just to cut a traffic line or a traffic light, and then flip them back off. That never happens though.......does it.

Being late for work is an excuse many of us have, when we are getting that ticket issued. Accompanied by the lecture about leaving earlier and endangering the lives of others because we are going to be a few minutes late to work.

Common mistake of the public Tall. I rarely run my lights and siren, traffic stops are about it for lights, couldn't tell you the last time I hit the sirens. We rarely get coded to a call by dispatch. If I think I'm going to a big fight I might do it to thin the crowd out by time I arrive :laugh:

Being late for work is an excuse many of us have
, when we are getting that ticket issued. Accompanied by the lecture about leaving earlier and endangering the lives of others because we are going to be a few minutes late to work.

You misunderstood maybe. I wasn't making an excuse, I was simply stating the times I get tempted to do the wrong thing. Of course I'm not sweating this hater thread of yours to start with. Just because I'm Law Enforcement doesn't mean that I'm any different from a criminal or the general public. There's good and bad in all of us.

I really hope you find some peace one day.

Here the Cops got the new HOT ROD Fords. They get to take the cars home after the shifts. One Cops decided to see how fast the car would go on the new freeway being built through town. He hit a barrier and totaled the car. Said he was chasing speeders. Some people went to the scene of the Cop car accident and was taking pics. The cops took their phones and cameras as evidence. No one saw or heard evidence of speeders that night. But did hear the speeding Cop car crash. His were the only tire tracks to be found in the area. I wonder how the speeders avoided the barriers?

Here the Cops got the new HOT ROD Fords. They get to take the cars home after the shifts. One Cops decided to see how fast the car would go on the new freeway being built through town. He hit a barrier and totaled the car. Said he was chasing speeders. Some people went to the scene of the Cop car accident and was taking pics. The cops took their phones and cameras as evidence. No one saw or heard evidence of speeders that night. But did hear the speeding Cop car crash. His were the only tire tracks to be found in the area. I wonder how the speeders avoided the barriers?

Maybe the speeders were safer drivers than the cop was?

Evidence implies a crime is being investigated. Please follow up with any charges they charge him with.

Otherwise they are taking private property of private citizens that neither committed, nor were involved with any crime. Follow up and see if they get these back please.

I think we know what both of these answers will be.

Back