" Jus bought my first 2004 Hayabusa I am a beginner " !

Tyga318

Registered
Hi , Im 27 and I jus bought my first 2004 Hayabusa with 2277 miles on it completely stock , which has not really been broken in yet ( basically a new bike ). I was taught how to ride this Summer on a Yam750 but I wanted a Busa cause its more comfortable to me. I am a very responsible and safe rider. I was thinking about putting on some frame slider on, dropping it and stretching it . I don't kno how far to drop & stretch it. ( I am 5'9 in height ) What should I do and does anyone have any recommendations or ideas for beginner with a Hayabusa ?

1507554_474581755995058_2122292114_n.jpg

Welcome to the board, there are lots of things you can do to the busa! :welcome:

Easy there tiger, just one thread will do it, please do not make duplicate threads in different forums for the same topic.

Welcome to the oRg...I wouldn't go stretching it until you've ridden for a while. As far as lowering it, do you need to to flatfoot or are you thinking of doing it for looks?

I'd ride a bit before doing anything beyond mods to make it more comfy...tons that can be done to the Busa. Just look around the site to see just how much $$ you can spend on your new toy :)

Ride safe and have fun! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the family......you can get all kinda ideas from this place.....any question you have all you have to do is just ask.....
also im in Louisiana, will have to meet up one day.....:thumbsup:

Welcome! As said before....there is tons of info on this site and I am sure your questions have already been covered a ton. Best way to find your answers is through the search bar in the upper right. Good luck and safe/fun riding!

Show him a pic of your ride...that would cover showing him how much you can mod a busa :)

:welcome: to the family......you can get all kinda ideas from this place.....any question you have all you have to do is just ask.....
also im in Louisiana, will have to meet up one day.....:thumbsup:

I have both 240 wide with 10" stretch, and a 12" stretch with a solid read shock, and lowered right to the ground. It's personal preference I guess. Depends what kind of look you want.

1. take an MSF course (disregard if you have already done so)
2. invest in good gear
3. set the suspension to your weight and riding style/prefences
4. YES on the frame sliders
5. ride A LOT!!!!
6. then mod to your heart's delight (and wallet's limits)

I'd put a few thousand miles on it if i were you first, before doing any mods. I am your height and we likely have similar inseams. Put some miles on it and then see what you'd like to do with it.

It is a TALL bike for me though, I have dropped it three times already. All three times I was tired and the bike got away from me in a parking lot/driveway. Just take it easy man. Don't turn around on an incline!! Best advice I could give you, other than....

Enjoy your bike!!! :thumbsup:

-THE MENACE

Back