Jumping ship??

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Is it just me or is it mostly those that own Gen IIs that are jumping ship for other bikes?? Seems most of the Gen I owners are quite content :whistle:

:stirpot:

:hide:

Is it just me or is it mostly those that own Gen IIs that are jumping ship for other bikes?? Seems most of the Gen I owners are quite content :whistle:

:stirpot:

:hide:

It's just because the Gen 2's are actually WORTH something... :poke:

It's about that time Vabs...4-5 years is about the normal time people keep one bike before they move to something else...Charlie's timing may be good, if zuk wants to build a GEN III this would be a good time to get rid of your GEN II

I am still happy with my Gen I Busa...10 years and still smiling; wait, that may be the meds... :whistle:

Won't be long and we'll have to rename the site "EverythingButAHayabusa.oRg"

Might move to a Gen 3 if it ever exists but I'll keep my K9 around till then. I love the looks of the Gen 1s but the Gen 2s have so many improvements I really like. Fact is, any flavor of Busa is an awesome machine.

My buddies purple Gen 1 is one of the prettiest bikes I've ever seen and the Pearl White SE Gen 1 is the bike that made me want a Busa in the first place.

I am thinking of getting an Electra Glide or a Gold Wing when this bike is paid off so the wife can be comfy on long rides but there will always be a spot in the garage for a Busa.

I have just started saving my pennies to purchase a 2013 or newer FJR. I plan to trade in or sell my Gen II once I feel I have enough cash to pay the difference. The Busa is a great bike, but I think it is, or will be time to move on soon.

I have just started saving my pennies to purchase a 2013 or newer FJR. I plan to trade in or sell my Gen II once I feel I have enough cash to pay the difference. The Busa is a great bike, but I think it is, or will be time to move on soon.

See, another Gen II dissatisfied customer :p

Charlie, we are going to expect a track video of the new bike.

And I have to say this thing sounds like an absolute monster...

See, another Gen II dissatisfied customer :p

I did not say dissatisfied, as a matter of fact the Busa has been a great motorcycle. I simply think it is time to move on to something different. I would get into a Diavel if I could afford it, but the military does not pay that well.

I will keep a Gen I around forever I think. I almost bought a Gen II but couldn't get past the "different looking" tail section. :laugh: See,I'm am getting more mature by the minute...I was going to say "fugly" but that was the old Rubbah.

If a Gen III came out,I would buy a G II and a III,just so I could have a matching set. It would be darn cool to have the entire production run of something besides my Star Wars jammie sets.

RSD.

gen I's are classics. Gen II's arent. its like a fox body mustang GT. very desirable. next generation mustang GT is just another mustang. it wasnt till the 03-04 mustang till they became popular again and then they didnt become popular again till 2011. the first generation of any bike or car will always be more deseriable as time goes on.

second generation anything just doesnt have that same effect. Gen II's might be worth more now just cause they are newer and there is no Gen III out but once the Gen III comes out that will not longer be the case. the Gen II will just be another bike suzuki made.

I did not say dissatisfied, as a matter of fact the Busa has been a great motorcycle. I simply think it is time to move on to something different. I would get into a Diavel if I could afford it, but the military does not pay that well.

Hey, let me enjoy my moment here Mr. Dissatisfied-and-don't-even-know-it...

That's how pot-stirring works :rulez: :p

Signed,

Satisfied :rofl:

Anybody remember this guy? I think I met him once at the Bash. What was his name anyway? :poke:

Charlie@Barber2.jpg

gen I's are classics. Gen II's arent. its like a fox body mustang GT. very desirable. next generation mustang GT is just another mustang. it wasnt till the 03-04 mustang till they became popular again and then they didnt become popular again till 2011. the first generation of any bike or car will always be more deseriable as time goes on.

second generation anything just doesnt have that same effect. Gen II's might be worth more now just cause they are newer and there is no Gen III out but once the Gen III comes out that will not longer be the case. the Gen II will just be another bike suzuki made.

Fox body Mustang (3rd Generation BTW) may be desireable but it's the ugliest mustang made. If second generation anything just doesn't have the same effect where does the third generation stand? I don't feel that way in reality but just want to make a point. We all have our opinions and you know what they say about opinions...........

Now for mine, I think both bikes are beautiful in their own way. If I had a brand new zero mile Gen 1 and Gen 2 standing next to each other I would choose the Gen 2 because of the mechanical improvements over the Gen 1.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a Gen 1 in my garage also. Probably the 06 LE but I wouldn't trade my Gen 2 in a heartbeat. Oh, and I love the Gen 2 tail, it looks just as good to me and the taillight and turn signals are way more visible than the Gen 1.

We all have our opinions and you know what they say about opinions...........

Back