Jumping ship??

The Gen II bash thread huh?

Let me see, these go well together:

Gen I and a Mustang makes a nice couple.
Gen II and nothing less than a Bugatti Veyron.

Nice Chaps. :whistle:

Oh I'd love to take your Veyron for a spin sometime...awesome to know you own one Willem! So glad I have your address too...my psychiatrist was right, stalking can pay off!! :whistle: :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Mission accomplished....me and the house commander took a ride tonight. I told her I was going for a ride and she asked to go. I was kind of caught off guard. Anyway, a nice cruise, some tunes and a sonic milk shake!

20130514_191013_zpsa794c34d.jpg

Atta Girl Sandy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just started saving my pennies to purchase a 2013 or newer FJR. I plan to trade in or sell my Gen II once I feel I have enough cash to pay the difference. The Busa is a great bike, but I think it is, or will be time to move on soon.

The new FJR is very impressive but I'd already invested alot in my 2007 Feej by the time it came out. A most excellent bike for 2-up touring but I still like touring 1-up on the busa.

Traded my gen2 of 3.5 yrs for a B-King.
Busa performance, only more comfortable.
I loved the gen2 engine and wanted a more upright streetfighter style bike.
The B-king is way under rated and the best bike I've ridden in years.

Yup - my "Gen II" bike will be the BKing but there's another bike in line ahead of it. Since I tend to hoard bikes instead of trading them in, it's gonna have to wait until there's more room in the garage. ...but someday... someday...

I have a 2000 Gen 1 Busa and the B King which is Gen 2... I don't have to give in to buying something else that is a non Busa motor cycle that is comfortable..

As soon as Suzuki makes something comparable to the C14 Concours, I'm always looking... Zero reason why Suzuki hasn't made a comparable SPORT tourer... And don't try to tell me the Bandit is.. :banghead:

My wife has the 2008 Black Bandit 1200 its an ok bike, but after a Busa no way I could ride that and be happy. I could not think of that as a SPORT tourer...

As soon as Suzuki makes something comparable to the C14 Concours, I'm always looking... Zero reason why Suzuki hasn't made a comparable SPORT tourer... And don't try to tell me the Bandit is.. :banghead:

You said it... Suzuki should have been in direct competition with the C14 for several years now. It's not like they don't have a suitable platform to build the bike.

The Sport Touring market is HIGHLY competitive right now - lots of options from lots of manufacturers. All you have to do is pick your bells and whistles then decide what you can afford. If Suzuki wants to come to that party, they better come up with something truly amazing - it's gotta come with all the kit standard, have a huge fuel tank, look really good and keep the price fairly reasonable so they don't price themselves right out of the market. Not an easy task...

Not an easy task...

Any resemblance of an effort would be appreciated... The Concours C14 isn't that big of a huge new leap in technology. Throw the Busa/BKing motor in a Busa frame, but add taller bars, factory removable hard bags (factory, not re-branded Givi) move the pegs down, and give it a comfy seat. There, that was easy.

:laugh:

I wont say I jumped ship, but did purchase the beemer for more comfort. After two good trips last year, Juli was ready for something with a heated seat. :laugh:

Any resemblance of an effort would be appreciated... The Concours C14 isn't that big of a huge new leap in technology. Throw the Busa/BKing motor in a Busa frame, but add taller bars, factory removable hard bags (factory, not re-branded Givi) move the pegs down, and give it a comfy seat. There, that was easy.

...the C14 isn't leading the market either... not by a wide margin. Your point is valid, however, even a marginal investment with minimal return could prove fatal the way the bike market has been for a few years now. In a way, I'm glad Suzuki didn't just throw something out there - if they had, we might have a hard time finding parts in the not-too-distant future if you get my drift.

Anyway - to the OP's point... the name on my Gen 1 title won't be changing anytime soon!

:easy:

...the C14 isn't leading the market either... not by a wide margin.

It is in my book.. :laugh:

Its the only one that even resembles good looking enough for me but still functionally touring.

At 5'10" the B-King fits me almost perfectly.:beerchug:

5'7'' B King fits like a glove!

I owned a Gen I and have a B King and a '09 GSXR 750. I recently bought a Concours and I'm really liking it - fast but very refined. That said I took the "retired" B King out for a beautiful spring spin and nearly threw myself over the bars grabbing a Concours hand full of front brake. The Concours seems wimpy compared to the 2nd gear pulls of the B King. Point is -those that are moving on and may very well find other bikes to be more suitable everyday riders but the Busa, B Kings,ZX14s and Super Sports just get the adrenaline pumping in a way that even powerful and competent bikes like the Concours can't. So if possible I'd hold on to those Busas because while another style of bike may better fit your age, physical condition and evolving riding style - you still may want to scratch that itch every once in a blue moon.

As long as I can pick a Busa or B King off the stand or crunch myself on to a super sport - I don't think I'll ever stop trying (at least occasionally) to go zero to sixty in 3 seconds or push myself threw some twisties on a GSXR. In the end it may be my undoing but it is something I love about living.

5'7'' B King fits like a glove!

I owned a Gen I and have a B King and a '09 GSXR 750. I recently bought a Concours and I'm really liking it - fast but very refined. That said I took the "retired" B King out for a beautiful spring spin and nearly threw myself over the bars grabbing a Concours hand full of front brake. The Concours seems wimpy compared to the 2nd gear pulls of the B King. Point is -those that are moving on and may very well find other bikes to be more suitable everyday riders but the Busa, B Kings,ZX14s and Super Sports just get the adrenaline pumping in a way that even powerful and competent bikes like the Concours can't. So if possible I'd hold on to those Busas because while another style of bike may better fit your age, physical condition and evolving riding style - you still may want to scratch that itch every once in a blue moon.

As long as I can pick a Busa or B King off the stand or crunch myself on to a super sport - I don't think I'll ever stop trying (at least occasionally) to go zero to sixty in 3 seconds or push myself threw some twisties on a GSXR. In the end it may be my undoing but it is something I love about living.

Very well put!
Busa stays in the garage... anything else I find will just be parked around it.

Back