Jumping on the tire bandwagon

B00ST00

Registered
So my 08 has 14k miles and is in need of a fresh set of tires. I've always ran the BT016's with much success however recently felt like it was time for a change. After reading the forum and having my riding partner (zx14) change tires I decided to do the same and pick up a set of Q2's. I ordered them from Motosport and plan to receive them on Friday. I'll write a review as soon as I scrub them in.

I Just ordered a set from 303cycle... Won't get to me for at least a month, but I'm sure I'll be happy once I get them.

Last edited:
I hear many people talking about the q2. They must be good, i guess i will need to check them out...

Looks like a few of us are either using already or giving these a try.

I just put a set of Q2's on this past weekend. I was saving them for a track day this weekend, but i got a flat last week so i changed the set. I only put 200 miles of semi-straight line riding, but i have to say they feel real good.

We all know how a new set of tires makes your bike feel like its on roller bearings as you glide into a curve, but these tires seem to roll over with just a glance at an apex! Once i finish my brakes, i'll bed them in and push a few corners with these tires. I think they will be confidence building!

I've heard that they wear fast. I guaged the tread depth new at center to be .218", so after about 300 miles and a track day i will guage them again and see how much i am losing.

I'm hoping they will last for the 1000 miles i'll do at the bash and then another 2000 miles out west in October.
Do y'all think 4000 out of these is unrealistic?

I don't think you can get 4000 on the rears Ace doing what you are planning to do....

Im rocking them now. ill keep a set on standby for trackdays (when i can finally get down on one) but for street riding im going back to the angels.

So my 08 has 14k miles and is in need of a fresh set of tires. I've always ran the BT016's with much success however recently felt like it was time for a change. After reading the forum and having my riding partner (zx14) change tires I decided to do the same and pick up a set of Q2's. I ordered them from Motosport and plan to receive them on Friday. I'll write a review as soon as I scrub them in.

Q2's = The SHIZZ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate your input. Im in no way complaining about my BT016's, I just wanted to try something new. Once again i'll update this thread this weekend after I scrub them in. Take care.

Back