Juli Got A New Whip, Suburu Sti

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Fun little car. 2017 Sti, this thing is a blast to drive. Anyone have one? It corners like a cat on carpet.
20161204_151339.jpg
20161204_151346.jpg
20161204_151358.jpg

Had to get two spaces, safely tucked away on the lift. room next to it to park the busa. Not on the lift, outside next to the cage. Bringing the Mustang up next weekend.
VZM.IMG_20161205_173610.jpg

Thought I posted this but what will she do? I love that car but not the best choice for a 300 pounder!

Very nice a few of my buddies have full race STis around here! Only because stock suks! LOL
Very fun car indeed!

Those look like fun cars!! I really liked those when I was looking, but decided to give "American muscle" a try.

Those look like fun cars!! I really liked those when I was looking, but decided to give "American muscle" a try.

We still have the stang. Will be bringoing that up next week. this traffic should be a blast with a 435hp Mustang.

We still have the stang. Will be bringoing that up next week. this traffic should be a blast with a 435hp Mustang.
Mine is a manual transmission and it is the worst manual I've owned. This thing started sounding like a bucket of bolts before I hit 30k miles and locks me out of gears if I rev it too high. Ford won't do anything about either. I gave up and just upgraded the shifter bracket, bushing, filled with amsoil, replace clutch line with bigger one, removed clutch pedal helper spring and put a Barton shifter on it in an effort to make it better. It still upsets me at times, to the point that I've made some calls to shops that upgrade the internals on these getrag mt-82 trans for turbo applications. I'll probably drop it one day and get it built before it blows in pieces. Sorry for the rant...... what year is your stang? Manual or auto? Mine is a 2013 GT CS.

Sorry to hear that bro. Mine is the 50th Anniversary, 2015 GT, manual tranny . The only issue I have is keeping tires on it. the backs don't last long for some reason. LOL, just put a fresh set on last weekend. the stock Pirellis suck. we haven't had any issues with it, solid car and runs like striped ape. My plans are to take it Shelby when it's paid for to get some go fast parts added under the hood. She needs a blower.

Sorry to hear that bro. Mine is the 50th Anniversary, 2015 GT, manual tranny . The only issue I have is keeping tires on it. the backs don't last long for some reason. LOL, just put a fresh set on last weekend. the stock Pirellis suck. we haven't had any issues with it, solid car and runs like striped ape. My plans are to take it Shelby when it's paid for to get some go fast parts added under the hood. She needs a blower.
Sounds like you got a good one. They still use the same trans. But I heard they tightened up their QC department in china. I tried the Mickey Thompsons on the rear and loved the traction, but for "some reason" mine didn't last long neither. Lol! I decided to give the eagle F1s a try and they suck!!! Way too stiff and break loose too easy. I'll be going back to MTs and keeping my v12s up front. I'm also planning on a power adder once is paid off (I think I'll go turbo route), but need to get the trans. Situation straight first. I already added oil temp., boost, fuel press., oil pressure sensors and aeroforce gauges to mine. These cars are money pits. Try your best to stay away from AM and LMR websites. Lol!

I understand what you mean. I haven't spent any money on her aside from tires yet. It spends most of its time in the garage until now. I need to order the Borla Atak exhaust after the first of the year so I can hear it growl, the Ford Racing exhaust is too quiet.

I understand what you mean. I haven't spent any money on her aside from tires yet. It spends most of its time in the garage until now. I need to order the Borla Atak exhaust after the first of the year so I can hear it growl, the Ford Racing exhaust is too quiet.

Mine came with flowmaster's. You'll enjoy it even more with new exhaust.

Back